'The Bachelor' Alum Melissa Rycroft Is Pregnant With First Child
Former "Dancing with the Stars" star Melissa Rycroft has made a big announcement on "Good Morning America" on Wednesday, July 28. Rycroft, who was once proposed to and then dumped on "The Bachelor", revealed that she and her agent husband Tye Strickland are expecting their first child together.
"Apparently Tye and I wanted to see how many life-changing events we could fit into one calendar year," Rycroft said when sharing the news. "From getting engaged, married, new job, and we are now pregnant." Rycroft also joked that right now she has a "baby pooch," though "the baby bump will come later."
Meanwhile, during an interview for the new issue of Us Weekly, Rycroft gave another detail, "It was a shock. We weren't even trying. It's the most wonderful surprise in the world. It's such a blessing." The 27-year-old beauty's baby is due in February.
Rycroft and hubby Strickland were in on/off relationship before they finally got engaged in June 2009. The couple walked down the aisle in Mexico on December 12, the same year. Rycroft, who is now a co-host of ABC's "Bachelor Pad" debuted on August 9, claimed Strickland is the one who wanted to expand their family.
"He wanted the kids right away, and I was laughing at him going, 'No, not ready!' He's actually cried more than I have. Tye is caring, he's funny. He's going to be a great dad," Rycroft shared. She also stated that she is hoping for a boy, while Strickland wants a girl. "We're going to find out as soon as we can," she said.
Melissa Rycroft Announces She's Pregnant:
More The Bachelor News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'