'The Bachelor' Alum Melissa Rycroft Is Pregnant With First Child
Former "Dancing with the Stars" star Melissa Rycroft has made a big announcement on "Good Morning America" on Wednesday, July 28. Rycroft, who was once proposed to and then dumped on "The Bachelor", revealed that she and her agent husband Tye Strickland are expecting their first child together.
"Apparently Tye and I wanted to see how many life-changing events we could fit into one calendar year," Rycroft said when sharing the news. "From getting engaged, married, new job, and we are now pregnant." Rycroft also joked that right now she has a "baby pooch," though "the baby bump will come later."
Meanwhile, during an interview for the new issue of Us Weekly, Rycroft gave another detail, "It was a shock. We weren't even trying. It's the most wonderful surprise in the world. It's such a blessing." The 27-year-old beauty's baby is due in February.
Rycroft and hubby Strickland were in on/off relationship before they finally got engaged in June 2009. The couple walked down the aisle in Mexico on December 12, the same year. Rycroft, who is now a co-host of ABC's "Bachelor Pad" debuted on August 9, claimed Strickland is the one who wanted to expand their family.
"He wanted the kids right away, and I was laughing at him going, 'No, not ready!' He's actually cried more than I have. Tye is caring, he's funny. He's going to be a great dad," Rycroft shared. She also stated that she is hoping for a boy, while Strickland wants a girl. "We're going to find out as soon as we can," she said.
Melissa Rycroft Announces She's Pregnant:
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia
- VIXX's Ken Gets Blasted for Writing Curse Words in Official Video
- Ready to Settle Down? Taylor Lautner and Billie Lourd Already 'Talking Marriage'
- Inside Blake Shelton's Romantic Summer Tryst With Gwen Stefani
- Gal Gadot Nearly Quitted Acting Before Landing Wonder Woman Role
- Jamie Foxx and Katie Holmes Board Private Jet Together in Paris Despite Boldly Denying Romance
- Kylie Jenner Tells Bella Thorne to be Careful of 'Charming Player' Scott Disick