Justin Timberlake Offered to Be 'I'm.mortal' With Amanda Seyfried
Slowly but sure, Justin Timberlake is seemingly switching from singer to full-time actor. While he is yet to complete the production of "Friends with Benefits (2012)", the former NSYNC member is reportedly being approached to star in another movie, "I'm.mortal".
Deadline Hollywood releases the news in an article which also debunks Timberlake's possible involvement in "American Idol" as a judge. The site says an insider claims the report is "just silly" because Timberlake has no time for a gig like this considering his already busy schedule.
Timberlake is reportedly offered the lead role in "I'm.mortal" and to play opposite Amanda Seyfried. Thus, if he takes the job, the 29-year-old star could be seen portraying a rebel from the ghetto who is forced to go on the run with beautiful hostage (Seyfried) after he is falsely accused of murdering a wealthy man.
The story itself is set in a futuristic dystopia where humans are not aging anymore and the world's currency is in the form of time allowed to spent living. The rich people get a chance to live infinitely while the rest of the common folk are forced to bargain for their life.
Andrew Niccol is writing the script and set to serve as a director for the action sci-fi. 20th Century Fox has picked the U.S. distribution rights for the upcoming movie, but has not decided an exact release date for it.
Justin Timberlake made his acting debut in Disney Channel movie "Model Behavior". He later landed roles in such films as "Alpha Dog" and "The Love Guru". He will be next seen starring in "The Social Network" which is set for October 1 release in the U.S. and reuniting with former girlfriend Cameron Diaz in comedy "Bad Teacher".
More In Time News
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert