Justin Timberlake Offered to Be 'I'm.mortal' With Amanda Seyfried
Slowly but sure, Justin Timberlake is seemingly switching from singer to full-time actor. While he is yet to complete the production of "Friends with Benefits (2012)", the former NSYNC member is reportedly being approached to star in another movie, "I'm.mortal".
Deadline Hollywood releases the news in an article which also debunks Timberlake's possible involvement in "American Idol" as a judge. The site says an insider claims the report is "just silly" because Timberlake has no time for a gig like this considering his already busy schedule.
Timberlake is reportedly offered the lead role in "I'm.mortal" and to play opposite Amanda Seyfried. Thus, if he takes the job, the 29-year-old star could be seen portraying a rebel from the ghetto who is forced to go on the run with beautiful hostage (Seyfried) after he is falsely accused of murdering a wealthy man.
The story itself is set in a futuristic dystopia where humans are not aging anymore and the world's currency is in the form of time allowed to spent living. The rich people get a chance to live infinitely while the rest of the common folk are forced to bargain for their life.
Andrew Niccol is writing the script and set to serve as a director for the action sci-fi. 20th Century Fox has picked the U.S. distribution rights for the upcoming movie, but has not decided an exact release date for it.
Justin Timberlake made his acting debut in Disney Channel movie "Model Behavior". He later landed roles in such films as "Alpha Dog" and "The Love Guru". He will be next seen starring in "The Social Network" which is set for October 1 release in the U.S. and reuniting with former girlfriend Cameron Diaz in comedy "Bad Teacher".
More In Time News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie