Mel Gibson Gives 'Physical Evidence' Over Extortion Claim Against Oksana Grigorieva
Public fall-out between Mel Gibson and ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva still continues. While Oksana slammed the "Braveheart" actor with assault allegations, Mel still sticks with his claim that the Russian singer tried to blackmail him.
On Sunday, July 25, Mel met Los Angeles police to present evidence backing up his claim. On Tuesday, Los Angeles County sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore confirmed to New York Daily News, "We did talk to Mel Gibson on Sunday. It had nothing to do with the domestic violence investigation. It only concerned the allegations of extortion."
Steve also explained about the follow up of the meeting to Los Angeles Times, saying "He wanted to make formal complaint for the allegations for extortion and provide information to the detectives. Detectives will investigate this wherever it leads."
TMZ, in the meantime, gave further detail of the "lengthy" Sunday meeting. According to the site, Mel's lawyer submitted "physical evidence" in the form of emails and texts to prove their case. However, Mel didn't address the assault allegations because that was one of the ground rules set by his lawyer.
Reached for a comment about the meeting, Oksana's rep refused to response. Oksana herself recently broke her silence about the extortion allegation. The mother of Lucia, Mel's illegitimate daughter with her, raged, "Mel is lying. He's lying. There's no extortion... I'm fighting for my child. He's just a liar, and it will come up in the court, just wait."
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?