Mel Gibson Gives 'Physical Evidence' Over Extortion Claim Against Oksana Grigorieva
Public fall-out between Mel Gibson and ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva still continues. While Oksana slammed the "Braveheart" actor with assault allegations, Mel still sticks with his claim that the Russian singer tried to blackmail him.
On Sunday, July 25, Mel met Los Angeles police to present evidence backing up his claim. On Tuesday, Los Angeles County sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore confirmed to New York Daily News, "We did talk to Mel Gibson on Sunday. It had nothing to do with the domestic violence investigation. It only concerned the allegations of extortion."
Steve also explained about the follow up of the meeting to Los Angeles Times, saying "He wanted to make formal complaint for the allegations for extortion and provide information to the detectives. Detectives will investigate this wherever it leads."
TMZ, in the meantime, gave further detail of the "lengthy" Sunday meeting. According to the site, Mel's lawyer submitted "physical evidence" in the form of emails and texts to prove their case. However, Mel didn't address the assault allegations because that was one of the ground rules set by his lawyer.
Reached for a comment about the meeting, Oksana's rep refused to response. Oksana herself recently broke her silence about the extortion allegation. The mother of Lucia, Mel's illegitimate daughter with her, raged, "Mel is lying. He's lying. There's no extortion... I'm fighting for my child. He's just a liar, and it will come up in the court, just wait."
More Mel Gibson News
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound