Mel Gibson Gives 'Physical Evidence' Over Extortion Claim Against Oksana Grigorieva
Public fall-out between Mel Gibson and ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva still continues. While Oksana slammed the "Braveheart" actor with assault allegations, Mel still sticks with his claim that the Russian singer tried to blackmail him.
On Sunday, July 25, Mel met Los Angeles police to present evidence backing up his claim. On Tuesday, Los Angeles County sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore confirmed to New York Daily News, "We did talk to Mel Gibson on Sunday. It had nothing to do with the domestic violence investigation. It only concerned the allegations of extortion."
Steve also explained about the follow up of the meeting to Los Angeles Times, saying "He wanted to make formal complaint for the allegations for extortion and provide information to the detectives. Detectives will investigate this wherever it leads."
TMZ, in the meantime, gave further detail of the "lengthy" Sunday meeting. According to the site, Mel's lawyer submitted "physical evidence" in the form of emails and texts to prove their case. However, Mel didn't address the assault allegations because that was one of the ground rules set by his lawyer.
Reached for a comment about the meeting, Oksana's rep refused to response. Oksana herself recently broke her silence about the extortion allegation. The mother of Lucia, Mel's illegitimate daughter with her, raged, "Mel is lying. He's lying. There's no extortion... I'm fighting for my child. He's just a liar, and it will come up in the court, just wait."
More Mel Gibson News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media