Luke Perry and Jason Priestley Team Up for Western Movie
There will be a small reunion of "Beverly Hills, 90210" stars in Hallmark's original movie. Luke Perry will team up with Jason Priestley in a western movie titled "Goodnight for Justice" which airs in 2011 and which will go into production this August 4 in Vancouver, B.C.
Perry, who played bad boy Dylan McKay in the classic TV series, and Priestly who portrayed the heartthrob Brandon Walsh, have not worked together since the show ended 10 years ago. In this TV movie project, Perry would be the executive producer as well as the lead star while Priestley would stick to directing.
"We are thrilled to be bringing this exciting Western to life for Hallmark Movie Channel," said Ira Pincus, Executive Producer, of eOne Television. "Luke has been a great partner from scratch, extremely passionate about this film, and Jason brings a seasoned perspective to the project."
According to the press release, the film is about a boy in the American Old West who witnesses an act of murderous violence that claims the lives of his parents and an influential public official. Affected by the memory of the slain official's grandeur and eloquence, the boy grows up to be an arbiter of law, a Circuit Judge, hell-bent on justice.
Perry stars as John Goodnight who has a crystal clear memory of the day that his family was victimized by ruthless outlaws. He and the wife of Circuit Judge Aldous Shaw were the only survivors of the attack; she would become his foster mother. No idea yet which actress will take the role of this foster mother.
Deadline said Perry envisioned the project as a trilogy but it was not stated in the press release.
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'