Luke Perry and Jason Priestley Team Up for Western Movie
There will be a small reunion of "Beverly Hills, 90210" stars in Hallmark's original movie. Luke Perry will team up with Jason Priestley in a western movie titled "Goodnight for Justice" which airs in 2011 and which will go into production this August 4 in Vancouver, B.C.
Perry, who played bad boy Dylan McKay in the classic TV series, and Priestly who portrayed the heartthrob Brandon Walsh, have not worked together since the show ended 10 years ago. In this TV movie project, Perry would be the executive producer as well as the lead star while Priestley would stick to directing.
"We are thrilled to be bringing this exciting Western to life for Hallmark Movie Channel," said Ira Pincus, Executive Producer, of eOne Television. "Luke has been a great partner from scratch, extremely passionate about this film, and Jason brings a seasoned perspective to the project."
According to the press release, the film is about a boy in the American Old West who witnesses an act of murderous violence that claims the lives of his parents and an influential public official. Affected by the memory of the slain official's grandeur and eloquence, the boy grows up to be an arbiter of law, a Circuit Judge, hell-bent on justice.
Perry stars as John Goodnight who has a crystal clear memory of the day that his family was victimized by ruthless outlaws. He and the wife of Circuit Judge Aldous Shaw were the only survivors of the attack; she would become his foster mother. No idea yet which actress will take the role of this foster mother.
Deadline said Perry envisioned the project as a trilogy but it was not stated in the press release.
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her