Confirmed, Rihanna to Go Aboard 'Battleship' for First Big Screen Debut
Rihanna is set to make her first film feature appearance by joining "Battleship". Variety reports that the R&B singer has sealed the deal, which was announced on Monday, July 26, with Universal Pictures. Her representative has further confirmed the news to E! Online.
Rihanna is added to the cast ensemble which already has Taylor Kitsch and Alexander Skarsgard playing a Naval officer and his brother respectively. However, the character that will be portrayed by the "Take a Bow" hitmaker has not been unveiled yet.
Based on Hasbro's game, "Battleship" will focuses on a massive Naval adventure across the seas, in the skies and over land as our planet fights for survival against a superior force. Peter Berg is attached to take the helming duty for the action film, which gets May 18, 2012 release date in the U.S.
Rihanna previously starred in "Bring It On: All or Nothing" which was released direct-to-DVD. At that time, she did not appear as anyone else but herself.
- Brad Pitt Is Cocky General in Teaser for Netflix's 'War Machine'
- Oprah Winfrey Considers Running for President, Thanks to Donald Trump
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo