Confirmed, Rihanna to Go Aboard 'Battleship' for First Big Screen Debut
Rihanna is set to make her first film feature appearance by joining "Battleship". Variety reports that the R&B singer has sealed the deal, which was announced on Monday, July 26, with Universal Pictures. Her representative has further confirmed the news to E! Online.
Rihanna is added to the cast ensemble which already has Taylor Kitsch and Alexander Skarsgard playing a Naval officer and his brother respectively. However, the character that will be portrayed by the "Take a Bow" hitmaker has not been unveiled yet.
Based on Hasbro's game, "Battleship" will focuses on a massive Naval adventure across the seas, in the skies and over land as our planet fights for survival against a superior force. Peter Berg is attached to take the helming duty for the action film, which gets May 18, 2012 release date in the U.S.
Rihanna previously starred in "Bring It On: All or Nothing" which was released direct-to-DVD. At that time, she did not appear as anyone else but herself.
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4