Confirmed, Rihanna to Go Aboard 'Battleship' for First Big Screen Debut
Rihanna is set to make her first film feature appearance by joining "Battleship". Variety reports that the R&B singer has sealed the deal, which was announced on Monday, July 26, with Universal Pictures. Her representative has further confirmed the news to E! Online.
Rihanna is added to the cast ensemble which already has Taylor Kitsch and Alexander Skarsgard playing a Naval officer and his brother respectively. However, the character that will be portrayed by the "Take a Bow" hitmaker has not been unveiled yet.
Based on Hasbro's game, "Battleship" will focuses on a massive Naval adventure across the seas, in the skies and over land as our planet fights for survival against a superior force. Peter Berg is attached to take the helming duty for the action film, which gets May 18, 2012 release date in the U.S.
Rihanna previously starred in "Bring It On: All or Nothing" which was released direct-to-DVD. At that time, she did not appear as anyone else but herself.
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour