Confirmed, Rihanna to Go Aboard 'Battleship' for First Big Screen Debut
Rihanna is set to make her first film feature appearance by joining "Battleship". Variety reports that the R&B singer has sealed the deal, which was announced on Monday, July 26, with Universal Pictures. Her representative has further confirmed the news to E! Online.
Rihanna is added to the cast ensemble which already has Taylor Kitsch and Alexander Skarsgard playing a Naval officer and his brother respectively. However, the character that will be portrayed by the "Take a Bow" hitmaker has not been unveiled yet.
Based on Hasbro's game, "Battleship" will focuses on a massive Naval adventure across the seas, in the skies and over land as our planet fights for survival against a superior force. Peter Berg is attached to take the helming duty for the action film, which gets May 18, 2012 release date in the U.S.
Rihanna previously starred in "Bring It On: All or Nothing" which was released direct-to-DVD. At that time, she did not appear as anyone else but herself.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3