Confirmed, Rihanna to Go Aboard 'Battleship' for First Big Screen Debut
Rihanna is set to make her first film feature appearance by joining "Battleship". Variety reports that the R&B singer has sealed the deal, which was announced on Monday, July 26, with Universal Pictures. Her representative has further confirmed the news to E! Online.
Rihanna is added to the cast ensemble which already has Taylor Kitsch and Alexander Skarsgard playing a Naval officer and his brother respectively. However, the character that will be portrayed by the "Take a Bow" hitmaker has not been unveiled yet.
Based on Hasbro's game, "Battleship" will focuses on a massive Naval adventure across the seas, in the skies and over land as our planet fights for survival against a superior force. Peter Berg is attached to take the helming duty for the action film, which gets May 18, 2012 release date in the U.S.
Rihanna previously starred in "Bring It On: All or Nothing" which was released direct-to-DVD. At that time, she did not appear as anyone else but herself.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'