Zac Efron Could 'Die in a Gunfight' and Be 'The Lucky One'
As "Charlie St. Cloud" is only waiting for its U.S. release on July 30, Zac Efron is reportedly lining up his next projects. Words are, the "High School Musical" hunk is "on the verge of closing on deals" to star in "Die in a Gunfight" and "The Lucky One".
According to Deadline Hollywood, Efron could play a young New York kid who falls in love with the daughter of his father's nemesis in "Die in a Gunfight". It has a high octane action script written by neophytes Andrew Berrer and Gabriel Ferrari the story is set in motion a Romeo and Juliet-like forbidden romance. The project, however, has not been shopped yet but Mark Gordon is on board to produce it. He will likely look for director first and eyes a spring start.
In "The Lucky One", Efron may be seen as a soldier who returns from Iraq with a picture of a girl that became his good luck charm. He will seek out the girl and later they develop a relationship. This project will serve as a big screen adaptation of Nicholas Sparks' novel. Warner Bros. Pictures has picked up the distribution right for the drama and Scott Hicks has signed on to direct it.
Zac Efron, who made his breakthrough after starring in TV movie "High School Musical", has appeared in several films such as "17 Again" and "Me and Orson Welles". As of late, he has been reported to take lead roles in "Fire" and untitled Snabba Cash remake.
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill