Zac Efron Could 'Die in a Gunfight' and Be 'The Lucky One'
As "Charlie St. Cloud" is only waiting for its U.S. release on July 30, Zac Efron is reportedly lining up his next projects. Words are, the "High School Musical" hunk is "on the verge of closing on deals" to star in "Die in a Gunfight" and "The Lucky One".
According to Deadline Hollywood, Efron could play a young New York kid who falls in love with the daughter of his father's nemesis in "Die in a Gunfight". It has a high octane action script written by neophytes Andrew Berrer and Gabriel Ferrari the story is set in motion a Romeo and Juliet-like forbidden romance. The project, however, has not been shopped yet but Mark Gordon is on board to produce it. He will likely look for director first and eyes a spring start.
In "The Lucky One", Efron may be seen as a soldier who returns from Iraq with a picture of a girl that became his good luck charm. He will seek out the girl and later they develop a relationship. This project will serve as a big screen adaptation of Nicholas Sparks' novel. Warner Bros. Pictures has picked up the distribution right for the drama and Scott Hicks has signed on to direct it.
Zac Efron, who made his breakthrough after starring in TV movie "High School Musical", has appeared in several films such as "17 Again" and "Me and Orson Welles". As of late, he has been reported to take lead roles in "Fire" and untitled Snabba Cash remake.
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth