'Mad Men' Season 4 Screening at Times Square in Pics
The fourth season premiere of "Mad Men" was made a huge celebration that New York Times Square was exclusively occupied for more than three hours on Sunday, July 25. A screening of the first return episode began at 9 P.M., an hour before the broadcast on AMC, and attended by the series' cast January Jones and Elisabeth Moss.
Many of the attendees channeled the '60s style, competing with the opening act of a vintage fashion show judged by "Project Runway" alum Chris March. The crowd was also entertained with a trivia quiz about the show. The leading ladies arrived at around 8.45 P.M., in time when the 7,000 plus people have packed the place.
Moss happened to have her birthday on July 24, so the moderator invited her on stage along with Jones and brought in a giant cake. The audience serenaded her with "Happy Birthday". A little over 9 P.M., the theme song to "Mad Men" marked the beginning of the new season and the crowd fell into silence.
Speaking about her character's changes, Moss told L.A. Times, "When she started at the agency, she was 20. I was very different at 20 than I was at 25. The hierarchy of the agency is smaller. It allows for her to have more power and have more to say and be listened to." Jones meanwhile said about Betty, "She's emotionally immature. She doesn't want to know herself as a woman, so you see her constantly on the show struggling with being unsatisfied but it's really her own making."
Over at home, "Mad Men" drew 2.9 million viewers, the biggest number that the series has pulled so far. For comparison, the first season of the Emmy-winning series averaged 925,000 viewers.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival