Daniel Radcliffe Apologizes for Snubbing Comic Con
Daniel Radcliffe did not intend to let his devotees down. After learning that "Harry Potter" fans were disappointed because their idol did not come to recent San Diego Comic Con International where "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" was presented, the British star has expressed his apology.
"I apologize to all the wishful thinkers for my disappointing non-presence," he said by phone from London to Los Angeles Times. Radcliffe also felt sympathetic to fans who thought he would be at Comic Con following some rumors, stating "Really? Oh, God, I had no idea. I suppose it's like when I'm at Reading Festival and I hear that suddenly some amazing band is going to play a surprise gig and then it turns out to be total fiction."
On what he did while the convention was held during the weekend, the depicter of Harry Potter in the film series revealed that he was celebrating his 21st birthday, which was Friday, July 23, in Russia. "It was fantastic. I was in St. Petersburg for my birthday, which is probably the most beautiful, the most incredible, wonderful place I've ever been in my life. It really is absolutely amazing. I went with two friends and it was brilliant," he shared to LA Times.
When announcing that "Harry Potter" film franchise would take part in this year's Comic Con, Warner Bros. Pictures did not mention that any cast of the movie would be present. However, some speculated that it was all a smoke screen since that would be last Comic Con before the film series ends. Later, on Saturday, July 24, Tom Felton was the only "Harry Potter" actor who made an appearance at the film panel.
The last chapter of "Harry Potter" film series, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" will be split into parts. "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" is set to be released both in U.S. and U.K. on November 19, while "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II" is slated to come out on July 15, 2011.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour