Daniel Radcliffe Apologizes for Snubbing Comic Con
Daniel Radcliffe did not intend to let his devotees down. After learning that "Harry Potter" fans were disappointed because their idol did not come to recent San Diego Comic Con International where "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" was presented, the British star has expressed his apology.
"I apologize to all the wishful thinkers for my disappointing non-presence," he said by phone from London to Los Angeles Times. Radcliffe also felt sympathetic to fans who thought he would be at Comic Con following some rumors, stating "Really? Oh, God, I had no idea. I suppose it's like when I'm at Reading Festival and I hear that suddenly some amazing band is going to play a surprise gig and then it turns out to be total fiction."
On what he did while the convention was held during the weekend, the depicter of Harry Potter in the film series revealed that he was celebrating his 21st birthday, which was Friday, July 23, in Russia. "It was fantastic. I was in St. Petersburg for my birthday, which is probably the most beautiful, the most incredible, wonderful place I've ever been in my life. It really is absolutely amazing. I went with two friends and it was brilliant," he shared to LA Times.
When announcing that "Harry Potter" film franchise would take part in this year's Comic Con, Warner Bros. Pictures did not mention that any cast of the movie would be present. However, some speculated that it was all a smoke screen since that would be last Comic Con before the film series ends. Later, on Saturday, July 24, Tom Felton was the only "Harry Potter" actor who made an appearance at the film panel.
The last chapter of "Harry Potter" film series, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" will be split into parts. "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" is set to be released both in U.S. and U.K. on November 19, while "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II" is slated to come out on July 15, 2011.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris