Justin Timberlake and Elton John Join 'Idol' Wish List
The list of potential new judge for "American Idol" is getting longer. Two more huge names, Justin Timberlake and Elton John, are tossed in as the candidates in consideration to take over Simon Cowell's old post. According to THR, these two are in producer Simon Fuller's wish list.
Timberlake and John thus are in competition with previously mentioned names such as Harry Connick Jr., Donald Trump and Chris Isaak. Rocker Bret Michaels who personally confirmed that he was in talks with the executives reportedly has been excluded from the race.
Meanwhile, a bigger issue about the judges is making the headlines. Nigel Lythgoe is returning as executive producer and rumor has it, he wants to scrap the current line-up of "Idol" judges. For one, he was the showrunner in the first six seasons before he quit and the ratings continues declining. For another, he is the one who is against the idea of having four judges because it distracts the viewers from the contestants.
Lythgoe previously told reporters that his ideal line-up would be Elton John, Usher and Paula Abdul. Out of these three, John has been the one who is constantly pursued by Fuller, but financial agreement becomes an obstacle.
More American Idol News
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist