Justin Timberlake and Elton John Join 'Idol' Wish List
The list of potential new judge for "American Idol" is getting longer. Two more huge names, Justin Timberlake and Elton John, are tossed in as the candidates in consideration to take over Simon Cowell's old post. According to THR, these two are in producer Simon Fuller's wish list.
Timberlake and John thus are in competition with previously mentioned names such as Harry Connick Jr., Donald Trump and Chris Isaak. Rocker Bret Michaels who personally confirmed that he was in talks with the executives reportedly has been excluded from the race.
Meanwhile, a bigger issue about the judges is making the headlines. Nigel Lythgoe is returning as executive producer and rumor has it, he wants to scrap the current line-up of "Idol" judges. For one, he was the showrunner in the first six seasons before he quit and the ratings continues declining. For another, he is the one who is against the idea of having four judges because it distracts the viewers from the contestants.
Lythgoe previously told reporters that his ideal line-up would be Elton John, Usher and Paula Abdul. Out of these three, John has been the one who is constantly pursued by Fuller, but financial agreement becomes an obstacle.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce