Justin Timberlake and Elton John Join 'Idol' Wish List
The list of potential new judge for "American Idol" is getting longer. Two more huge names, Justin Timberlake and Elton John, are tossed in as the candidates in consideration to take over Simon Cowell's old post. According to THR, these two are in producer Simon Fuller's wish list.
Timberlake and John thus are in competition with previously mentioned names such as Harry Connick Jr., Donald Trump and Chris Isaak. Rocker Bret Michaels who personally confirmed that he was in talks with the executives reportedly has been excluded from the race.
Meanwhile, a bigger issue about the judges is making the headlines. Nigel Lythgoe is returning as executive producer and rumor has it, he wants to scrap the current line-up of "Idol" judges. For one, he was the showrunner in the first six seasons before he quit and the ratings continues declining. For another, he is the one who is against the idea of having four judges because it distracts the viewers from the contestants.
Lythgoe previously told reporters that his ideal line-up would be Elton John, Usher and Paula Abdul. Out of these three, John has been the one who is constantly pursued by Fuller, but financial agreement becomes an obstacle.
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik
- Weird Al Turns Final Presidential Debate Into Song Called 'Bad Hombres, Nasty Women'
- Chris Pine and Gugu Mbatha-Raw Join the Cast of Disney's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Judge Approves Taylor Swift's Request to Seal Her Groping Photo
- Angelina Jolie Already 'Misses' Brad Pitt, Is Having 'Second Thoughts' About Divorce
- Watch Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn Parody Beyonce's 'Formation' Video