DMX Heads Back to Jail to Begin 90-Day Sentence
After leaving an Arizona jail back in May on fraud, drug and animal-cruelty charges, rapper DMX has headed back to jail. According to an attorney for DMX, real name Earl Simmons, the star turned himself in at the Los Angeles Metropolitan Courthouse on Monday afternoon, July 26 at about 2:30 P.M., MTV News reported.
The attorney revealed that DMX surrendered to authorities to begin serving a 90-day prison sentence stemming from a 2002 reckless driving charge. DMX's lawyer Aja Southern told the site that the "What's My Name" singer was arrested for DUI that year but reached a plea deal for a lesser charge of reckless driving.
Southern suggested that a series of events, including DMX's prison stint in the Arizona jail on an unrelated charge, had caused him to postpone the Los Angeles sentence. However, TMZ reported that DMX has to return staying behind bars after violating his probation from his 2002 conviction for reckless driving.
This wasn't the only issue DMX has to deal with. His wife of 11-year Tashera Simmons recently announced that she and her rapper husband decided to walk their separate ways. Simmons, who has four children with DMX, is currently planning on reality show which focuses on her rebuilding their family without the rapper.
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details