Demi Lovato Won't Change to Raunchy Act Like Miley Cyrus
Demi Lovato has no interest in following the footsteps of fellow Disney teen star Miley Cyrus. While Miley used her new effort "Can't Be Tamed" to ditch her clean image, the "Sonny with a Chance" beauty insisted she won't do such thing.
"I don't think it's going to change my image, not drastically," she told E! Online at the recent VH1's Do Something Awards. "It's going to be what you're seeing of me right now. It's going to be very Demi." On how it will show her evolution as a "more mature" girl, she explained, "It's definitely grown up, but in a classy way."
In the same occasion, she also spared time to talk to MTV, dishing more about her plan for a third album. "[I'm] trying to approach a different route, doing a new sound," she said. "I'm really excited. It'll be fun. It's more R&B/pop. I'm trying to bring out my inner 'soul'; a new side of Demi. I'm straying away from the rock this time."
While working on the new record, Demi Lovato is touring with Jonas Brothers and the other cast of "Camp Rock" to promote the TV movie's sequel "Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam". In the small screen project which will premiere on September 3, she also contributes some songs for soundtracks, two of which she sings with ex-boyfriend / on-screen love interest Joe Jonas.
More Demi Lovato News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences