'Cowboys and Aliens' Debuts Footage at Comic Con, Has First Photo With Daniel Craig
Jon Favreau made a stop at Hall H of San Diego Comic Con Convention Center on Saturday, July 24 to present "Cowboys and Aliens". He was not alone as he took along the film's cast including Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford and Olivia Wilde.
Though they have just entered production in the last four weeks, Favreau managed to bring sneak peek to the presentation. The early footage sees Craig's character cleaning up a wound on his stomach. He is later put in jail before led out by a sheriff and his crew to a stagecoach to be taken away for trial.
The footage then switches to capture Ford's character as he tries to free his son, who is also a prisoner, by bartering him with Craig's character. These scenes are presented in a traditional Western style before the video turns into sci-fi.
As a group of spaceships begin blowing up the town in a massive attack, Craig's character escapes from the stage coach and begins to fight back against the aliens. He uses a bracelet on his hand to shoot the aliens. The sneak peek concludes with a shot of Craig giving a mysterious nod to Ford.
During the discussion, Craig was asked by fan about when his other movie, "Bond 23", will come out. Due to MGM's financial problem, he is not sure about the exact time, but hopes that it will start as fast as possible.
Soon after the panel ended, Dreamworks and Universal have shared the first still from "Cowboys and Aliens". It shows Daniel Craig in his cowboy costume and wearing the big bracelet, which is used to kill aliens in the sneak peek.
"Cowboys and Aliens" will revolve around a mysterious gunslinger who is caught up in an Old West battle between the Apache and Western settlers that is interrupted by an alien invasion. It is scheduled to make its way out in U.S. cinemas on July 29, 2011 and Jon Favreau has affirmed that the action fantasy movie will not be made in 3-D.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle
- Salazar's Grudge Against Jack Sparrow Is Explained in 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' New TV Spot
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez May Need to Postpone Their Wedding Plan. Find Out Why
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke' Cast Dishes on Lady GaGa's Possible Return and More
- Artist of the Week: Jackie Evancho
- Traumatized Kim Kardashian Seeks Therapy After Paris Robbery
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- 'Venom Carnage' Is Listed as Horror Sci-Fi, Production Date Is Revealed