Artist of the Week: Enrique Iglesias
A son of Latin pop veteran Julio Iglesias, Enrique Iglesias made a name in music industry with his own hard work, not taking advantage of his father's big name. To date, he has sold 40 million albums in a little over a decade, becoming one of the most successful artists in the history of popular music.
Three years after busting the charts with "Insomniac", now Enrique brings "Euphoria" in a star-studded affair featuring additional guest appearances by Usher, Akon and Nicole Scherzinger. "[It] is like nothing I've ever done before. It taps into so many different styles of music - it's been really exciting for me to experiment and explore new territory," he promised.
As a kick-off, fist-pumping single "I Like It" which features Pitbull is offered to bring a rush of blood to the dance floor. From being set to be the club anthem with its infectious uplifting beat, the song spreads its wings to small screen, serving as theme song for MTV's hit reality show "Jersey Shore". Most importantly, it becomes one of his chart-busting singles by currently sitting at No. 8 on Billboard Hot 100.
Enrique's first album to feature songs in both Spanish and English, "Euphoria" is the perfect name for a collection of songs all about setting all the problems aside and having some fun. Also, the album clearly is a way for him to celebrate his renowned status. With its seductive pop, driving hip-hop beats and heart of pure passion, it additionally becomes his most diverse, eclectic collection to date. The effort has hit United States since July 6.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed