Artist of the Week: Enrique Iglesias
A son of Latin pop veteran Julio Iglesias, Enrique Iglesias made a name in music industry with his own hard work, not taking advantage of his father's big name. To date, he has sold 40 million albums in a little over a decade, becoming one of the most successful artists in the history of popular music.
Three years after busting the charts with "Insomniac", now Enrique brings "Euphoria" in a star-studded affair featuring additional guest appearances by Usher, Akon and Nicole Scherzinger. "[It] is like nothing I've ever done before. It taps into so many different styles of music - it's been really exciting for me to experiment and explore new territory," he promised.
As a kick-off, fist-pumping single "I Like It" which features Pitbull is offered to bring a rush of blood to the dance floor. From being set to be the club anthem with its infectious uplifting beat, the song spreads its wings to small screen, serving as theme song for MTV's hit reality show "Jersey Shore". Most importantly, it becomes one of his chart-busting singles by currently sitting at No. 8 on Billboard Hot 100.
Enrique's first album to feature songs in both Spanish and English, "Euphoria" is the perfect name for a collection of songs all about setting all the problems aside and having some fun. Also, the album clearly is a way for him to celebrate his renowned status. With its seductive pop, driving hip-hop beats and heart of pure passion, it additionally becomes his most diverse, eclectic collection to date. The effort has hit United States since July 6.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed