Artist of the Week: Enrique Iglesias
A son of Latin pop veteran Julio Iglesias, Enrique Iglesias made a name in music industry with his own hard work, not taking advantage of his father's big name. To date, he has sold 40 million albums in a little over a decade, becoming one of the most successful artists in the history of popular music.
Three years after busting the charts with "Insomniac", now Enrique brings "Euphoria" in a star-studded affair featuring additional guest appearances by Usher, Akon and Nicole Scherzinger. "[It] is like nothing I've ever done before. It taps into so many different styles of music - it's been really exciting for me to experiment and explore new territory," he promised.
As a kick-off, fist-pumping single "I Like It" which features Pitbull is offered to bring a rush of blood to the dance floor. From being set to be the club anthem with its infectious uplifting beat, the song spreads its wings to small screen, serving as theme song for MTV's hit reality show "Jersey Shore". Most importantly, it becomes one of his chart-busting singles by currently sitting at No. 8 on Billboard Hot 100.
Enrique's first album to feature songs in both Spanish and English, "Euphoria" is the perfect name for a collection of songs all about setting all the problems aside and having some fun. Also, the album clearly is a way for him to celebrate his renowned status. With its seductive pop, driving hip-hop beats and heart of pure passion, it additionally becomes his most diverse, eclectic collection to date. The effort has hit United States since July 6.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics