Comic Con 2010: 'Priest', 'The Other Guys' and 'Green Hornet' Panel Highlights
Sony Pictures brought three of their upcoming movies at a time to San Diego Comic Con International on Friday, July 23. Taking place at Hall H, the panel started with a presentation for "Priest". Director Scott Stewart came first to introduce the first trailer for the movie. The trailer later hits the web and is embedded at the end of this article. It gives a quick glimpse of vampire attack and a lot of action sequences.
After the trailer ended, the cast including Paul Bettany, Cam Gigandet, Maggie Q, Karl Urban, Stephen Moyer showed up on the stage. During the discussion, Moyer explained his role, saying that he portrayed a scientist that has sequestered himself in the desert, away from society.
About ten minutes away from five o'clock, the cast of "The Other Guys", Will Ferrell, Mark Wahlberg and Eva Mendes, and its director Adam McKay began taking over the place. The panel was full of laughs including when seven minutes of footage from the film were shown. According to the helmer, some of the scenes would not be seen in the film.
During the discussion, McKay did mention his other project. He confirmed that "Anchorman" sequel "sadly" would not be happening but he has signed up to direct "The Boys". Ferrell then joked that he has signed to do a remake of "Boys on the Side".
After the funny presentation from "The Other Guys", Sony moved on with a panel for "The Green Hornet" which will hit 3-D theaters in January 2011. Seth Rogen came and introduced a new trailer which is an extended version of a previously released trailer. The fresh scenes include the one which sees Rogen's Britt ending up in hospital after he shoots himself with a gas gun.
Director Michel Gondry, producer Neal Moretz, writer Evan Goldberg and Christoph Waltz who stars as the movie's villain later joined Rogen on the stage to answer questions from fans. About the theme of the film, Rogen explained that they wanted to make a movie which explores the relationship between hero and sidekick and the tension that would arise between them.
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary