Foxy Brown Pleads Not Guilty, Therapist Says She 'Needs Help'
Rapper Foxy Brown has entered not guilty plea when she was arraigned in Brooklyn Supreme Court on Thursday, July 22 after allegedly violating an order of protection against her neighbor Arlene Raymond. During her arraignment, prosecutors asked for $10,000 bail but Foxy was released on $5,000, New York Post reported.
According to Foxy's manager Bernadette Brennan, "jealousy and hating" fueled the verbal dispute which occurred in Brooklyn on Wednesday, July 21. Bernadette said, "That is what we think this is about, people kind of jealous and hating." He claimed Foxy "was minding her own business. She has never been more focused."
However, a criminal complaint stated that Foxy called Arlene a "dirty b***h" before the "Candy" singer "bent over, thrust [her] buttocks at the [victim] while shouting... 'Kiss my a**!' " with her "buttocks and undergarments... exposed to [Arlene]." Still, Bernadette insisted "Foxy would never lift her dress, not in a million years."
New York Daily News additionally reported that Foxy faces one count of criminal contempt, a class E felony, for violating the order of protection against Arlene, who has a restraining order against her. Outside the courtroom, Foxy's lawyer Bruce Baron defended her client, "This case will exemplify that orders of protection should be used as shields and not as swords." Her next court date is July 27.
A therapist who has treated Foxy, in the meantime, said on the arrest, "It doesn't surprise me. She's obviously got a lot of issues and needs ongoing help, and I hope she gets it. I think she's got a lot of frustration and a lot of sadness, and she's trying to grab power where she can."
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record
- Cheeky! Emily Ratajkowski Flashes Ample Cleavage in Polka Dot Outfit
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Anthony Scaramucci Hiring as New White House Press Secretary