Casey Affleck to File Cross-Claims Against Sexual Harassment Accuser
Casey Affleck has now fired back at a producer of his documentary about brother-in-law Joaquin Phoenix, "I'm Still Here: The Lost Year of Joaquin Phoenix", after accusing him of sexual harassment. The producer, Amanda White, claimed she was subjected to lurid sexual harassment and not given her producing fee for refusing to spend the night in a hotel room with Affleck.
Michael Plonsker, a litigator representing Affleck denied White's accusations. Plonsker said as quoted by E! Online, "The allegations brought upon our clients are preposterous and without merit. Ms. White was terminated from the production over a year ago."
"She and her lawyers believe that this maliciously and erroneously filed complaint will cause the producers to succumb to her outrageous and baseless demands," Plonsker continued. "She is mistaken. The complaint will be vigorously defended and cross-claims will be filed against her."
Meanwhile, White alleged in a lawsuit, filed in Los Angeles Superior Court on Friday afternoon, July 23, that she was forced to endure debauched behavior during production of the documentary, including "uninvited and unwelcome sexual advances in the workplace" and an impromptu shoot in a Las Vegas hotel room filled with hookers and transvestites, CNN reported.
The complaints state, "On one occasion, Affleck instructed a crew member to take off his pants in order to show (White) his penis, even after (White) objected. Affleck repeatedly referred to women as 'cows'; he discussed his sexual exploits and those of other celebrities that he allegedly witnessed; and asked [White], after learning her age, 'Isn't it about time you get pregnant?' "
The complaints further mention that White was prevented from going to her bedroom during shooting in Costa Rica because "Affleck and Phoenix locked themselves in her bedroom with two women." The suit said that "Affleck also attempted to manipulate (White) into staying in a hotel room with him, and when she resisted, he grabbed her in a hostile manner in an effort to intimidate her into complying."
- Song Joong Ki's 'Battleship Island' Co-Star Spills Detail of His Wedding Plan to Song Hye Kyo
- Fans Speculate Infinite's Woohyun Is Involved in Sexual Assault Case
- Venus Williams Claims Fatal Car Crash Victim Didn't Wear Seat Belt
- Chadwick Boseman Hunts Down His Sister's Killer in Intense Trailer for 'Message from the King'
- Usher Cleans His Star and Pushes a Car With James Corden in 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Kate Hudson Shaves Her Head for New Musical Project With Sia
- O.J. Simpson and Kato Kaelin May Live Together for New Reality Show
- Khloe Kardashian Accused of Photoshopping Her Workout Pic. See It Yourself!