Casey Affleck to File Cross-Claims Against Sexual Harassment Accuser
Casey Affleck has now fired back at a producer of his documentary about brother-in-law Joaquin Phoenix, "I'm Still Here: The Lost Year of Joaquin Phoenix", after accusing him of sexual harassment. The producer, Amanda White, claimed she was subjected to lurid sexual harassment and not given her producing fee for refusing to spend the night in a hotel room with Affleck.
Michael Plonsker, a litigator representing Affleck denied White's accusations. Plonsker said as quoted by E! Online, "The allegations brought upon our clients are preposterous and without merit. Ms. White was terminated from the production over a year ago."
"She and her lawyers believe that this maliciously and erroneously filed complaint will cause the producers to succumb to her outrageous and baseless demands," Plonsker continued. "She is mistaken. The complaint will be vigorously defended and cross-claims will be filed against her."
Meanwhile, White alleged in a lawsuit, filed in Los Angeles Superior Court on Friday afternoon, July 23, that she was forced to endure debauched behavior during production of the documentary, including "uninvited and unwelcome sexual advances in the workplace" and an impromptu shoot in a Las Vegas hotel room filled with hookers and transvestites, CNN reported.
The complaints state, "On one occasion, Affleck instructed a crew member to take off his pants in order to show (White) his penis, even after (White) objected. Affleck repeatedly referred to women as 'cows'; he discussed his sexual exploits and those of other celebrities that he allegedly witnessed; and asked [White], after learning her age, 'Isn't it about time you get pregnant?' "
The complaints further mention that White was prevented from going to her bedroom during shooting in Costa Rica because "Affleck and Phoenix locked themselves in her bedroom with two women." The suit said that "Affleck also attempted to manipulate (White) into staying in a hotel room with him, and when she resisted, he grabbed her in a hostile manner in an effort to intimidate her into complying."
More Casey Affleck News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival