'Machete': Robert Rodriguez Unveils New Footage at Comic Con, Debuts Red Band Trailer
San Diego Comic Con International invasion apparently is not limited inside the Convention Center. On late Thursday, July 22, Robert Rodriguez held an outdoor party on a street corner to promote "Machete" while the attendees were served with free Tecate, spicy margaritas and free tacos.
Michelle Rodriguez and Danny Trejo were on hand for the celebration, where seven-minute footage from the film was displayed. It was full of bloody scenes including the ones which see Jessica Alba putting out an attacker's eye with a stiletto heel and Trejo slicing open an opponent's stomach and rappelling down a wall with his intestine.
Later, generous Rodriguez has debuted a red band trailer for the movie via IGN. It contains some bloody and gory scenes which were previewed at the outdoor party, in addition to giving a glimpse of a naked woman.
"Machete" centers its story on a Mexican ex-Federal agent named Machete with a gift for wielding a blade, who hides out as a day laborer and is double-crossed by a corrupt state senator. Robert Rodriguez provides the script and directs the film along with Ethan Maniquis. Having the likes of Robert De Niro, Steven Seagal and Lindsay Lohan among the star-studded cast ensemble, the action film is set to hit U.S. theaters on September 3.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival