DMX and Wife of 11-Year Allegedly Call It Quits
Just two weeks after released from jail, DMX came with another shocking news. AllHipHop recently reported that the star, real name Earl Simmons, has officially separated from wife Tashera Simmons, who has supported him through his troubles, after almost 11 years of marriage.
According to the site, Tashera is planning a reality show, entitled "Tashera Simmons... Life After X". The reality TV series will give an account on how their family is coping with DMX's legal and drug problems and how they "cope with a husband and a father that has let them down over and over again."
The site further reported that Tashera's reality show is being shopped to several networks. She, along with DMX, has been previously featured on BET reality series, "DMX: Soul of A Man", which chronicled the rapper's career in 2006 and how he endured numerous brushes with the law.
Beside focusing on "Tashera Simmons... Life After X", Tashera is also writing a tell-all memoir titled "Tashera Simmons... Strength of A Woman", with author Aliya S. King. During a press release announcing the reality show, Tashera told the site, "It's not a tell-all, I want to clear that up. It's a memoir, it's a story about our life, my life, and our life together."
"My side of the story, because I feel like in his book, he didn't really get into detail to better explain it," Tashera continued. "I think reading my book, it explains everything. I'm talking about everything, from my childhood when I was abandoned by my mother and left to take care of my siblings, to when me and Earl (DMX) first met at 11 and we got together at 18 and I'm starting from there until then on... It's a positive tell all."
DMX and Tashera Simmons wed on August 8, 1999. Together, they have four children, sons Xavier, Tocoma, Shawn and daughter Praise Mary Ella.
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video
- Jennifer Garner Reportedly 'Suspicious' of Ben Affleck's Relationship With His Detox Nurse
- 'Saturday Night Live' Mocks Trump's Inauguration With Shirtless Putin
- Brad Pitt Is Living a Healthy New Life Following Angelina Jolie Split
- New Couple Alert? Iggy Azalea Spotted Making Out With Music Producer LJay Currie in Mexico
- Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Madonna Perform at Women's March on Washington
- Is Ellen DeGeneres' Marriage to Portia de Rossi in Trouble?