David Boreanaz Sued for Sexual Harassment by 'Struggling Actress'
David Boreanaz has been sued for sexual harassment by a woman described as a "struggling actress". The suit was filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Thursday, July 22 after David allegedly made unwanted sexual advances while offering the woman a role on his TV series "Bones", CNN reported.
According to the site, the woman, named Kristina Hagan, was working as an extra in an episode of the crime drama in August 2009 and while she was on set David approached her, starting making small talk and saying he had "the ability to make things happen for her."
Kristina's lawyer Gloria Allred explained, "She is an actress who is working towards her goals, but who like many other actresses has not yet been able to achieve them. For that reason she is extremely vulnerable as many actresses are in Hollywood." Gloria was also said representing another woman who has filed a charge of sexual harassment in employment against David.
The suit stated, "[Kristina] is informed and believes that he has used his 'star power' and position to entice women who have a desire to act on the show 'Bones' by promising or implying that he could get them work on the show and then using their vulnerability to obtain sexual favors from them." Beside starring in the series, David also serves as an executive producer.
According to the suit, David's harassment involves cell phone text messages and one with a photo of the actor's genitals attached. The suit said, "Ms. Hagan was offended by the text messages but nevertheless wanted to maintain a relationship with him because it was very important to her to secure employment as she was a struggling actress."
In addition to the text message, the suit also stated that David allegedly tried to kiss and fondle Kristina after she appeared as an extra on the show. The encounters occurred in several locations, including the actor's car and his trailer.
David's party, in the meantime, has blasted Kristina's allegations. David's publicist Holly Shakoor said in a statement, "The allegations concerning any alleged inappropriate conduct by David Boreanaz are totally fabricated and absurd. There is no validity to this lawsuit."
More David Boreanaz News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding