Swizz Beatz Says Wedding Will Be 'Soon' but 'Not This Weekend'
Rapper/producer Swizz Beatz and his singer fiancee Alicia Keys will not wed this weekend, unlike recent reports suggested. At the New Music Seminar in NYC on Wednesday, July 21, Swizz confirmed to OK! Magazine, "Well its not this weekend!"
Although Swizz refused to give the specific date, the 31-year-old rapper said, "It's soon!", repeating "[But] not this weekend." And when asked if he has known where the wedding will be held, he told the site, "Yeah I know where! Of course I know where." Words on the street are he and Alicia will swap vows in Miami on a 200 feet yacht.
While the wedding date and place are kept a secret, Swizz was willing to share what the day would be like, saying "Just an amazing day. Very intimate. It's not a superstar wedding. It's not a gimmicky wedding. It's a true bond of love, you know, that's not based on having the most famous person sitting there while you're doing it."
"It's about having the closest people who really understand you as a person and that really have love for you. So it's a small situation," Swizz continued. "Our union is amazing. Our union is pure. Our union is positive no matter what people say or what people think, time will tell everything and you know, silence is the best thing. We just keep it private and we do our thing and just have fun with it."
As for whether or not he is involved in the nuptial preparation, Swizz claimed, "Yeah, you know, I'm a planner. I like getting into the detail of things. I'm inspired by fashion, I'm inspired by art, I'm inspired by architectural things so [I like] being involved with the wedding. I'm not the person who sits back and goes, okay, well I'll just show up. I'm actually spearheading certain plans but it's a nice blend, a nice partnership."
And Swizz added that he's looking forward to welcome his baby with Alicia, gushing "I'm very excited about that! Children, you know, they're a blessing and I'm very excited." He also mentioned that his children from previous marriage to artist Mashonda "are excited as well."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences