Brad Pitt Officially Joins 'World War Z'
2010 San Diego Comic Con is yet to kick off its First Day but good news already comes from the show floor. MTV Movies Blog met "World War Z" book author Max Brooks at the booth for comic publisher Avatar Press where the writer revealed that "World War Z", a movie adaptation of his novel, is moving forward with Brad Pitt attached to take the lead role.
Pitt's production company Plan B Entertainment secured rights to "World War Z" in 2007 and he has since been rumored to star in it. However, it was not until Wednesday night, July 21 during Preview Night at Comic Con that Brooks received the call confirming Pitt will be the leading actor in the movie about zombie apocalypse.
"I can't believe how cool Paramount has been to me and these projects, and how cool Plan B has been," Brooks reacted after learning the updates from the project. Additionally, the author has got information that the film is projected to be released in summer 2012.
"World War Z" chronicles a worldwide zombie outbreak through the first-hand accounts of survivors. "Babylon 5" creator J. Michael Straczynski penned the screenplay before Matthew Michael Carnahan rewrites it. According to Brooks, "Quantum of Solace" director Marc Forster is still attached to direct the film.
"I'm glad they took their time, and are trying to make the best zombie movie they can," Brooks additionally told MTV about the people behind the big screen project. "I'm so glad they stayed with the project and so glad they found the right team."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed