Six Women Join New 'The View'-Like Show
The replacement of "As the World Turns" has been found and CBS plants a talk show similar to "The View" on the time slot. The five co-hosts are Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne, Holly Robinson Peete, Leah Remini, and Marissa Jaret Winokur who are all mothers to either infant or adults. Gilbert in particular is also the producer.
The recruitment of these five hosts has something to do with the format because they will discuss current events like "The View" but from a motherhood point of view. But like "The View", there will also be interviews with big names in the entertainment world as well as newsmakers.
"Daytime is an evolving daypart with more variety now among soap operas, game and talk shows," said Barbara Bloom, CBS' Senior Vice President of Daytime. "We were looking for a new format that would speak to the core audience but also have the topical and entertainment value to go even broader. This panel is not a bashful bunch; they are outspoken on any issue you put on the table. It promises to be an hour of television with timely discussions, unfiltered opinions and a lot of personality."
"As the World Turns" will end its run in September and the not-yet-named talk show will take over after that.
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway