Six Women Join New 'The View'-Like Show
The replacement of "As the World Turns" has been found and CBS plants a talk show similar to "The View" on the time slot. The five co-hosts are Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne, Holly Robinson Peete, Leah Remini, and Marissa Jaret Winokur who are all mothers to either infant or adults. Gilbert in particular is also the producer.
The recruitment of these five hosts has something to do with the format because they will discuss current events like "The View" but from a motherhood point of view. But like "The View", there will also be interviews with big names in the entertainment world as well as newsmakers.
"Daytime is an evolving daypart with more variety now among soap operas, game and talk shows," said Barbara Bloom, CBS' Senior Vice President of Daytime. "We were looking for a new format that would speak to the core audience but also have the topical and entertainment value to go even broader. This panel is not a bashful bunch; they are outspoken on any issue you put on the table. It promises to be an hour of television with timely discussions, unfiltered opinions and a lot of personality."
"As the World Turns" will end its run in September and the not-yet-named talk show will take over after that.
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West