Six Women Join New 'The View'-Like Show
The replacement of "As the World Turns" has been found and CBS plants a talk show similar to "The View" on the time slot. The five co-hosts are Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne, Holly Robinson Peete, Leah Remini, and Marissa Jaret Winokur who are all mothers to either infant or adults. Gilbert in particular is also the producer.
The recruitment of these five hosts has something to do with the format because they will discuss current events like "The View" but from a motherhood point of view. But like "The View", there will also be interviews with big names in the entertainment world as well as newsmakers.
"Daytime is an evolving daypart with more variety now among soap operas, game and talk shows," said Barbara Bloom, CBS' Senior Vice President of Daytime. "We were looking for a new format that would speak to the core audience but also have the topical and entertainment value to go even broader. This panel is not a bashful bunch; they are outspoken on any issue you put on the table. It promises to be an hour of television with timely discussions, unfiltered opinions and a lot of personality."
"As the World Turns" will end its run in September and the not-yet-named talk show will take over after that.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie