Eminem Extends Another Week at No. 1 on Hot 200
It's been a month since Eminem released his seventh studio album "Recovery" and he still stays strong at the No. 1 position, making it his fourth weeks in a row at the top spot. The effort shifts 195,000 units (down 15%), pushing it close to 1.5 million mark.
The June 21 release becomes the first effort to rule the list for four straight weeks since Susan Boyle spent six consecutive weeks at the first slot with "I Dreamed a Dream". Also, the Slim Shady becomes the first solo male artist to retain the throne for four weeks since Josh Groban did so for five weeks with 2007 "Noel".
The highest chart debut of this week is Korn's "Korn III : Remember Who You Are" which knocks Drake's "Thank Me Later" one spot from the runner-up place. Next, another new entry Newsboys' "Born Again" forces "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse" soundtrack album to give up the fourth position and fall to No. 10.
One spot below Justin Bieber's "My World 2.0", there is Sting which bows at No. 6 with his latest studio installment "Symphonicity". At the seventh spot, Jerrod Niemann makes a notable debut with his first album "Judge Jerrod & the Hung Jury". Number 8 and 9 are also secured by new releases, Hellyeah's "Stampede" and M.I.A.'s "/\/\/\Y/\" respectively.
Top 10 of Billboard Hot 200:
- "Recovery" - Eminem (195,000)
- "Korn III : Remember Who You Are" - Korn (63,000)
- "Thank Me Later" - Drake (50,000)
- "Born Again" - Newsboys (45,000)
- "My World 2.0" - Justin Bieber (41,000)
- "Symphonicity" - Sting (36,000)
- "Judge Jerrod & the Hung Jury" - Jerrod Niemann (34,000)
- "Stampede" - Hellyeah (28,000)
- "/\/\/\Y/\" - M.I.A. (28,000)
- "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse" soundtrack - various artists (28,000)
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed