Zack Snyder Confirms Writing 'Xerxes' Script, Reveals Plot Details
Zack Snyder is moving forward with his plan to make another film revolving around the Persian wars battlefields. In an interview with Los Angeles Times, the "300" helmer and scribe confirms that he has started writing the screenplay for "Xerxes" along with his "300" co-writer Kurt Johnstad, stating "We closed the writing deal on 'Xerxes.' We started writing about a week ago. So we're doing it. It's happening."
He is additionally willing to spill some details about the project, particularly the set and the key plot. "This movie follows Themistocles and the Battle of Artemisium, which coincidentally happens on the exact same three days as the Battle of Thermopylae [which was the basis of '300']," Snyder says. "This one starts off with a quick retelling of the why of the Persian wars. It starts off at the Battle of Marathon and then it goes back to Themistocles finding out that Persians are invading again. And off we go over to learn a little bit about why Xerxes is the way he is."
Despite its close relation with "300", "Xerxes" will not serve as a sequel or prequel to the Gerard Butler-starring film. Moreover, though some suggest that Snyder will direct the upcoming movie, the filmmaker claims he has not been attached to the said duty. "It's really going to depend on what the studio wants to do and what we do when we finish; I don't have a directing deal in place but we are writing it, so call it intent," he tells LA Times.
"Xerxes" will be developed by Warner Bros. which also picks up Zack Snyder's "300" and "Sucker Punch". The last mentioned film stars the likes of Emily Browning, Vanessa Hudgens as well as Abbie Cornish and will be promoted at upcoming San Diego Comic Con.
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert
- Kim Kardashian Caught Wearing Butt Pads at Khloe's Birthday Party
- Check Out Peter Parker in Spidey Suit on 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set
- Wendy Williams Skeptical of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's Romance, Calling Him 'an Opportunist'
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6