Man Who Threatened 'South Park' Arrested and Questioned
Earlier this year "South Park" creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker received death threats from a guy who resided in Virginia for writing an episode which features Prophet Muhammad in a bear costume. Stone and Park can now at least take a breath of relief for Zachary Chesser has been arrested in charges which actually are not related to the threat.
The 20-year-old who graduated from Oakton High School was detained on Wednesday, July 21 for confessing his links to a terror group believed to have affiliation with al-Qaeda. He publicly told the FBI agents that he tried to travel to Kenya and Somalia to join Al-Shabaab, bringing along his infant son so that he would not be suspected. According to the affidavit, Chesser was barred from the July 10 flight and told by the Transportation Security Administration that he was on the no-fly list.
Chesser, a convert to Islam, in fact has operated websites and YouTube channel which are stocked with jihad propaganda. This includes an April posting that "South Park" creators would "probably end up" dead like Dutch filmmaker Theo van Gogh who was murdered by Islam extremist in 2004.
This posting also caused trouble for Chesser. His family received death threats which led to his mother kicking him out of her radar. Chesser "was no longer on speaking terms with his parents", FBI stated.
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident