Man Who Threatened 'South Park' Arrested and Questioned
Earlier this year "South Park" creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker received death threats from a guy who resided in Virginia for writing an episode which features Prophet Muhammad in a bear costume. Stone and Park can now at least take a breath of relief for Zachary Chesser has been arrested in charges which actually are not related to the threat.
The 20-year-old who graduated from Oakton High School was detained on Wednesday, July 21 for confessing his links to a terror group believed to have affiliation with al-Qaeda. He publicly told the FBI agents that he tried to travel to Kenya and Somalia to join Al-Shabaab, bringing along his infant son so that he would not be suspected. According to the affidavit, Chesser was barred from the July 10 flight and told by the Transportation Security Administration that he was on the no-fly list.
Chesser, a convert to Islam, in fact has operated websites and YouTube channel which are stocked with jihad propaganda. This includes an April posting that "South Park" creators would "probably end up" dead like Dutch filmmaker Theo van Gogh who was murdered by Islam extremist in 2004.
This posting also caused trouble for Chesser. His family received death threats which led to his mother kicking him out of her radar. Chesser "was no longer on speaking terms with his parents", FBI stated.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal