Video Premiere: Nicki Minaj's 'Your Love'
Nicki Minaj is a samurai trainee who falls for her sensei in a music video for "Your Love", her latest single from upcoming debut album. In order to be with the teacher played by Michael Jai White, she is facing fellow student in her martial arts class who also has a crush on him.
"We wanted to have geisha themes, samurai themes, stuff like that," Minaj previously told MTV about the concept. "I wanted to tell a love story. It's just kinda liking a guy, where he's not really for you to like - the forbidden fruit - and me and this other girl happen to like him and we go to war."
Met during the video shoot, Nicki Minaj admitted she was surprised when learning that "Your Love" climbed to No. 1 on Rap Songs chart. It makes her the first female rapper to top the list since Lil' Kim reigned the chart in 2003 with "Magic Stick" which features 50 Cent.
"I was not planning on putting the song out at all," she confessed. "But then I heard it one day, somebody told me it was online. And I was like, 'No way, no way in the world that song is out.' I went and listened to it and was really upset. It wasn't mixed, it wasn't finished, it wasn't anything - I wasn't gonna use it at all. But then radio started playing it."
More Nicki Minaj News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri