Video Premiere: Nicki Minaj's 'Your Love'
Nicki Minaj is a samurai trainee who falls for her sensei in a music video for "Your Love", her latest single from upcoming debut album. In order to be with the teacher played by Michael Jai White, she is facing fellow student in her martial arts class who also has a crush on him.
"We wanted to have geisha themes, samurai themes, stuff like that," Minaj previously told MTV about the concept. "I wanted to tell a love story. It's just kinda liking a guy, where he's not really for you to like - the forbidden fruit - and me and this other girl happen to like him and we go to war."
Met during the video shoot, Nicki Minaj admitted she was surprised when learning that "Your Love" climbed to No. 1 on Rap Songs chart. It makes her the first female rapper to top the list since Lil' Kim reigned the chart in 2003 with "Magic Stick" which features 50 Cent.
"I was not planning on putting the song out at all," she confessed. "But then I heard it one day, somebody told me it was online. And I was like, 'No way, no way in the world that song is out.' I went and listened to it and was really upset. It wasn't mixed, it wasn't finished, it wasn't anything - I wasn't gonna use it at all. But then radio started playing it."
Nicki Minaj's "Your Love" music video
More Nicki Minaj News
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'
- Chloe Moretz: 'I Wanted a Boob Job and Butt Reduction' at Age 16
- Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk Talk About Building a Future and Having Kids Together
- Check Out These New 'Fast 8' Ice Cars From Iceland Set
- Kelly Clarkson Signs With Atlantic Records, Readies Soul Album for Next Year
- Jesse Is Back on 'The Flash' in Season 3. Will She Turn Into Speedster?
- Justin Bieber Sprains His Ankle After Basketball Game, Tells Fans Not to Worry