Three Enter Competition as Simon Cowell's Replacement on 'Idol'
Three names have been tossed in as the potential replacement of Simon Cowell on "American Idol". One of them which is Harry Connick Jr. has been heard before because he was praised for his brief stint as guest mentor in season 9, but Chris Isaak and Donald Trump only enter the consideration list now.
In its report, THR said Isaak has had two meetings with FOX so far but no deal has been reached or announced. Meanwhile, Connick Jr. has been a favorite among viewers mainly because he blended well while serving as a mentor. In an even odder casting, Donald Trump is said lobbying to replace Cowell although he is producing for NBC's "The Apprentice".
FOX reportedly has met the candidates and a "tug-of-war" even ensued because the network is also looking for judges for the U.S. version of "The X Factor". Meanwhile, Bret Michaels is out of the equation, at least for the "Idol" post. The rocker previously confirmed that he was in talks with the producers.
Announcement is expected to be made soon since "American Idol" has started auditioning in cities around the U.S. and will continue doing so up to August 19. The new judge would join the audition roadshow in early September, Peter Rice, the network's new entertainment chairman said.
More American Idol News
- Tom Hiddleston in 'Advance Talks' to Star in 'Bond 25'
- Beyonce Steps Out With Jay-Z Wearing Bright Yellow Pants and Tiny Lemon Sticker on Her Phone
- Johnny Depp's Lawyer Reacts to Amber Heard's Domestic Abuse Claims
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November