Three Enter Competition as Simon Cowell's Replacement on 'Idol'
Three names have been tossed in as the potential replacement of Simon Cowell on "American Idol". One of them which is Harry Connick Jr. has been heard before because he was praised for his brief stint as guest mentor in season 9, but Chris Isaak and Donald Trump only enter the consideration list now.
In its report, THR said Isaak has had two meetings with FOX so far but no deal has been reached or announced. Meanwhile, Connick Jr. has been a favorite among viewers mainly because he blended well while serving as a mentor. In an even odder casting, Donald Trump is said lobbying to replace Cowell although he is producing for NBC's "The Apprentice".
FOX reportedly has met the candidates and a "tug-of-war" even ensued because the network is also looking for judges for the U.S. version of "The X Factor". Meanwhile, Bret Michaels is out of the equation, at least for the "Idol" post. The rocker previously confirmed that he was in talks with the producers.
Announcement is expected to be made soon since "American Idol" has started auditioning in cities around the U.S. and will continue doing so up to August 19. The new judge would join the audition roadshow in early September, Peter Rice, the network's new entertainment chairman said.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked