Joseph Gordon-Levitt Listed as 'Interested' to Be The Riddler in 'Batman 3'
Another rumor regarding who will be the next villain in upcoming "Batman" movie has just surfaced and The Riddler once again occurs on the list. First Showing claims to have received word from a reliable inside source with a studio casting grid that The Riddler is listed as a character for untitled Batman 3 project.
Additionally, a name of the potential depicter has also emerged. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is reportedly "listed in the same grid to play the assumed villain" with his status just mentioned as "interested". It is unclear whether the status means the actor has received an offer from Warner Bros. or the studio is just considering him to star in "The Dark Knight" sequel.
While The Joker has been reported not to return, several other Batman's classic enemies such as the Penguin and Dr. Victor Fries, the alter ego of Mr. Freeze, have been previously said to appear in the next "Batman" film. Gordon-Levitt himself was previously rumored to have been tapped to play The Riddler in "Batman 3" but the latest scoop from First Showing suggests that nothing has been set in stone regarding his involvement.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt stars in "Inception" which also comes from the man behind "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight", Christopher Nolan. He has just started production for "Premium Rush" which is tentatively scheduled for 2011 release.
As for "Batman 3", the project has tapped Jonathan Nolan and David S. Goyer to pen the screenplay. Christopher Nolan is expected to return to the directing seat for the forthcoming superhero flick, which could be filmed in IMAX. Warner Bros. eyes July 20, 2012 U.S. release for the movie.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences