Joseph Gordon-Levitt Listed as 'Interested' to Be The Riddler in 'Batman 3'
Another rumor regarding who will be the next villain in upcoming "Batman" movie has just surfaced and The Riddler once again occurs on the list. First Showing claims to have received word from a reliable inside source with a studio casting grid that The Riddler is listed as a character for untitled Batman 3 project.
Additionally, a name of the potential depicter has also emerged. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is reportedly "listed in the same grid to play the assumed villain" with his status just mentioned as "interested". It is unclear whether the status means the actor has received an offer from Warner Bros. or the studio is just considering him to star in "The Dark Knight" sequel.
While The Joker has been reported not to return, several other Batman's classic enemies such as the Penguin and Dr. Victor Fries, the alter ego of Mr. Freeze, have been previously said to appear in the next "Batman" film. Gordon-Levitt himself was previously rumored to have been tapped to play The Riddler in "Batman 3" but the latest scoop from First Showing suggests that nothing has been set in stone regarding his involvement.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt stars in "Inception" which also comes from the man behind "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight", Christopher Nolan. He has just started production for "Premium Rush" which is tentatively scheduled for 2011 release.
As for "Batman 3", the project has tapped Jonathan Nolan and David S. Goyer to pen the screenplay. Christopher Nolan is expected to return to the directing seat for the forthcoming superhero flick, which could be filmed in IMAX. Warner Bros. eyes July 20, 2012 U.S. release for the movie.
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years
- Demi Lovato Speaks on Mental Illness, Performs 'Confident' at DNC Opening Night
- Lindsay Lohan Responds to Relationship Drama After Accusing Fiance of Strangling Her
- Britney Spears, U2, Drake, Ariana Grande Lead an Amazing 2016 iHeartRadio Music Festival Line-Up
- Kylie Jenner Launches Kyshadow Collection