Lindsay Lohan Could Serve Only 14 Days of Her 90-Day Jail Sentence
Lindsay Lohan has now officially traded nightclubs and parties for a small, isolated cell. On Tuesday morning, July 20, the 24-year-old troubled actress turned herself in to begin her jail sentence. However, Los Angeles Times reported that she is expected to serve only 14 days of her 90-day sentence.
According to a Sheriff's Department booking document, Lindsay will be freed from a Lynwood jail on August 2. Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore, in the meantime, claimed Lindsay could serve only 13 days in jail instead of 14. Steve said, as quoted by the site, "Her projected release date is August 1 or August 2."
Steve further explained that Lindsay is eligible to serve only 25 percent of her already reduced time of 51 days, which was brought down from 90 days because of overcrowding, since the "Confessions Of A Broken Heart" singer is a nonviolent offender.
Now that she's locked up behind bars, Access Hollywood gave further detail about Lindsay's current place. The site reported that Lindsay is put in a cell number 28, next to the cell of Alexis Neiers, the woman who plead no contest to burglarizing Orlando Bloom, Paris Hilton, Rachel Bilson's and even Lindsay's homes.
Though Linday is not expected to have contact with other inmates while she is in jail, but hers and Alexis' cell are reportedly close enough that the two women could talk if they wanted to. Additionally, Lindsay's showers will be isolated and break time for activities will also be done without others around.
When she turned herself in, Lindsay, donning a sleeveless green top, a black corset and tight jeans, was accompanied by her original lawyer, Shawn Chapman Holley. Her fans, who swarmed the entrance to the courthouse, shouted their support, "Lindsay, I love you!" One admirer even showered her with confetti. Lindsay was taken into custody at 8.48 A.M. local time.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?