Kellan Lutz and Joe Jonas Pick Up Honors at VH1's 2010 Do Something Awards
VH1's 2010 Do Something Awards, which was held at the Hollywood Palladium in Los Angeles, California on Monday, July 19, has picked its winners with lots of big stars presenting the awards. "Twilight" hunk Kellan Lutz and Joe Jonas were among stars who were handed with prizes at the event.
Hitting the event in a plaid shirt, a black trousers and bright white sneakers, Joe took the stage to receive Do Something Music Artist kudo, for which he along with his brothers' band Jonas Brothers had been nominated. Kellan, looking neat in his bright brown suit, was awarded with Do Something for the Animals award.
Moreover, "Inception" star Leonardo DiCaprio landed Do Something Movie Star honor, beating out other contenders, Matt Damon, Jessica Biel, Salma Hayek and Natalie Portman. Kathy Griffin, in the meantime, won Do Something Comedian.
Beside revealing its celebrity winners, VH1's 2010 Do Something Awards also revealed the grand prize winner of the $100,000. The cash reward was given to 23-year-old Jessica Posner for her struggle to combat gender inequity and poverty in Kibera through a Shining Hope for Communities which she co-founded.
The annual award was hosted by comedian Jane Lynch and featured musical performances by Natasha Bedingfield, Lifehouse and Travis McCoy with special guest Bruno Mars. Other stars who glammed up the event include Paula Abdul, Megan Fox, George Lopez, Demi Lovato, Kristen Bell, Randy Jackson and Kara Dioguardi.
Each year, VH1's Do Something Awards inspires American youth by honoring a handful of extraordinary young people who have founded nonprofits and made an important difference for their communities. And since 1996, DoSomething.org has honored the nation's best young world-changers, 25 and under.
Winners at VH1's 2010 Do Something Awards:
- Do Something Kick Ass for Survival Award: Christina Applegate
- Do Something for the Animals: Kellan Lutz
- Do Something for the Kids: Snoop Dogg
- Do Something Movie Star: Leonardo DiCaprio
- Do Something: "Glee"
- Do Something Music Artist: Jonas Brothers
- Do Something Athlete: Hannah Teter
- Do Something Comedian : Kathy Griffin
- Do Something With Style: Tyra Banks
- Do Something on Facebook: Children of the Bali Orphanage
- Do Something City: Austin, TX
- Do Something Docu Style: "I Am Because We Are - Madonna Re: Malawi"
- Do Something on Twitter: Alyssa Milano
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2
- Blac Chyna Poses Nearly Naked for Elle and Calls Her Ex Tyga 'Kinda Cheap'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Recap: Mary Drake's Child Revealed, Someone Dead
- Mel C Reveals Why She Turned Down Spice Girls Reunion
- Drake and Rihanna Are 'Fully Dating' as They're Done 'Hiding' Their Relationship
- Miranda Kerr Reveals Ex Orlando Bloom Warned Her About His Penis Photos
- 'Star Wars' Actor Ian McDiarmid Confirms He Won't Return as Emperor Palpatine in 'Rogue One'
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years