'Star Trek' Sequel to Start Filming in January 2011
Untitled Star Trek sequel could have the cameras rolling in early 2011. Met at the premiere of "Dinner for Schmucks" on Monday, July 19, Bruce Greenwood revealed that the follow-up to 2009 "Star Trek" will kick off principal photography in January next year.
"I just know that the plan is to film it in January, more than that, I don't know," he said when asked about what he knows regarding the project. However, he seemed not sure when questioned whether his character, Christopher Pike, will return to the second "Star Trek" film. "I hope, I hope...," Greenwood told Hollywood.com. "I'm hustling for it...we'll see..."
This information is in line to what Zoe Saldana said back in April. At that time, the depicter of Uhura hinted that the production for the upcoming sci-fi could start as early as 2011. She claimed, "I do think we are going into pre-production this Fall, to start shooting early next year."
Though it still does not have confirmed start date, "Star Trek" sequel has been set for June 29, 2012 U.S. release. J.J. Abrams who served behind the lens for the first film has not signed up to take the helming duty for the next movie, but he will serve as producer alongside Bryan Burk, Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman and Damon Lindelof.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby