Jewel's Karaoke Prank Inspires a Reality Series
The prank that Jewel Kilcher successfully pulled to a room full of people in a karaoke bar has prompted Funny or Die to bring it to bigger league. The parody website is pitching a reality series based on the video titled "Undercover Karaoke with Jewel" which received 2.5 million views three days after it was posted online.
In the video, Jewel agreed to go on disguise, putting on prosthetic nose, eye glasses, ordinary clerk outfit and brown wig. She posed as Karen who is no beauty but has the golden voice which sounds like the famous singer. Karen got the attention instantly when she sang Jewel's hits like "Who Will Save Your Soul". One of the people there even said that Karen sounded better than the original singer.
The video's creator Eric Appel and his team are now mulling a concept for a reality show based on the hit video, Deadline reported. The idea is to have music stars from the past 40 years to go unknowing places and display their talent all while going undercover. The response to the idea reportedly is going well with the team slated to pitch it to networks this week. The first expected to be interested is CBS who has, in past few years, run similar shows like "I Get That a Lot" and "Undercover Boss".
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic