Jewel's Karaoke Prank Inspires a Reality Series
The prank that Jewel Kilcher successfully pulled to a room full of people in a karaoke bar has prompted Funny or Die to bring it to bigger league. The parody website is pitching a reality series based on the video titled "Undercover Karaoke with Jewel" which received 2.5 million views three days after it was posted online.
In the video, Jewel agreed to go on disguise, putting on prosthetic nose, eye glasses, ordinary clerk outfit and brown wig. She posed as Karen who is no beauty but has the golden voice which sounds like the famous singer. Karen got the attention instantly when she sang Jewel's hits like "Who Will Save Your Soul". One of the people there even said that Karen sounded better than the original singer.
The video's creator Eric Appel and his team are now mulling a concept for a reality show based on the hit video, Deadline reported. The idea is to have music stars from the past 40 years to go unknowing places and display their talent all while going undercover. The response to the idea reportedly is going well with the team slated to pitch it to networks this week. The first expected to be interested is CBS who has, in past few years, run similar shows like "I Get That a Lot" and "Undercover Boss".
- Box Office: 'Dunkirk' and 'Girls Trip' Exceed Expectations, 'Valerian' Bombs
- Kylie Jenner's Snapchat Is Hacked, Culprit Threatens to Expose Nude Photos of 'KUWTK' Star
- Frank Ocean Brings Out Brad Pitt During Captivating Performance at FYF Festival
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72