Robert Shapiro Reportedly Quits Representing Lindsay Lohan
A day before Lindsay Lohan is due to surrender to authorities to begin her prison term for breaking the terms of her probation from a 2007 DUI arrest, her defense attorney Robert Shapiro quit. According to TMZ, the famous attorney reportedly has informed the judge in Lindsay's case that he's no longer representing the troubled actress.
On why Robert decided to leave the case is not yet revealed. He publicly has said before that he would only represent Lindsay only if she goes to prison, stating "I have agreed to represent Ms. Lohan on the condition she complies with all terms of probation including a requirement of jail imposed by Judge Marsha Revel."
Lindsay is expected to begin her jail time on Tuesday, July 20. It has not yet been revealed who will represent the "Bobby" actress when she will turn herself in if Robert indeed quit. The site suggested that her former attorney Shawn Chapman Holley might be on the hook as Shawn never signed the substitution of attorney form to get out of the case.
Though the site previously mentioned that Lindsay was still in obsessive denial over her surrender, her recent Twitter post indicated that she's quite aware of her situation. On Monday, July 19, the 24-year-old star tweeted, "The only 'bookings' that i'm familiar with are Disney Films, never thought that i'd be 'booking' into Jail... eeeks."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'