Robert Shapiro Reportedly Quits Representing Lindsay Lohan
A day before Lindsay Lohan is due to surrender to authorities to begin her prison term for breaking the terms of her probation from a 2007 DUI arrest, her defense attorney Robert Shapiro quit. According to TMZ, the famous attorney reportedly has informed the judge in Lindsay's case that he's no longer representing the troubled actress.
On why Robert decided to leave the case is not yet revealed. He publicly has said before that he would only represent Lindsay only if she goes to prison, stating "I have agreed to represent Ms. Lohan on the condition she complies with all terms of probation including a requirement of jail imposed by Judge Marsha Revel."
Lindsay is expected to begin her jail time on Tuesday, July 20. It has not yet been revealed who will represent the "Bobby" actress when she will turn herself in if Robert indeed quit. The site suggested that her former attorney Shawn Chapman Holley might be on the hook as Shawn never signed the substitution of attorney form to get out of the case.
Though the site previously mentioned that Lindsay was still in obsessive denial over her surrender, her recent Twitter post indicated that she's quite aware of her situation. On Monday, July 19, the 24-year-old star tweeted, "The only 'bookings' that i'm familiar with are Disney Films, never thought that i'd be 'booking' into Jail... eeeks."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Free the Nipple! Stella Maxwell Goes Braless in Racy Mesh Top
- DeMario Jackson Not Returning to 'Bachelor in Paradise' After Scandal. What About Corinne Olympios?
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Assassinating Donald Trump: 'Maybe It's Time'
- Khloe Kardashian Sizzling in Completely Sheer Bodysuit. Tempting Tristan Thompson?
- Chance the Rapper Apologizes to Dr. Dre for Degrading His Label
- Brad Pitt Wishes to Reconcile With Angelina Jolie Despite Messy Split
- Chris Brown Reveals He Tried to Have a Baby With Karrueche Tran
- 'Aquaman' Officially Casts Michael Beach in Potentially Significant Role