Charice's Botox Procedure Not for Cosmetic Purposes, Rep Explains
Filipino singer Charice, who reportedly made her preparation for "Glee" by having Botox, was indeed undergoing the procedure but not for cosmetic purposes. A rep for the 18-year-old star denied that she had the procedure to change her appearance, telling Us Magazine, "[It was] to relieve a jaw problem similar to TMJ. It did not hurt; it relieved the pain."
"You've seen her face - she doesn't have a wrinkle in it so she wouldn't need it for cosmetic purposes. The 'Glee' people are thrilled with the way she looks which is why she got the part," the rep added. "She had her hair colored at the Brad Johns Studio at Elizabeth Arden [in NYC]. That's the only cosmetic thing she's done."
According to Associated Press, Charice, who will begin filming 'Glee' in late July, underwent the 30-minute Botox procedure to make her "naturally round face" more narrow, as celebrity cosmetic surgeon Vicki Belo told ABS-CBN television.
Doing the Botox injections in front of cameras, Vicki said as she touched Charice's face, "You chew gum and it turns out to be a favorite super-exercise for these muscles, your chewing muscles. So we will show you, this muscle here it's a bit protruding." Vicki continued, "It's like a ball, so we are going to Botox that in order to get it flat so she will have a cuter face... we want to give you the apple cheek look because it's cute, right?"
Charice herself has previously shared about the intense pressure surrounding her "Glee" debut. The "Note to God" singer revealed, "All people will be anticipating how will Charice look? Is she good enough to pit against [Lea Michele's 'Glee' character] Rachel Berry? So of course there is tremendous pressure."
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March