TV Spot for 'Avatar' Re-Release Edition Comes Out
In an effort to promote "Avatar" which is going to be re-released on August 27, 20th Century Fox has debuted a TV spot for the "Special Edition" version. The snippet mostly sees scenes from the December 18, 2009 release but still includes few never-before-seen footage such as the one when Jake Sully in his Avatar body plays a toy hanging on the ceiling.
"Avatar" which is directed by James Cameron will be brought to U.S. cinemas again later this year with additional eight minutes of never before seen scenes. This "Special Edition" version of the action sci-fi will hit Digital 3D and IMAX 3D theaters.
Starring Sam Worthington as Jake Sully who embarks on a journey of redemption and discovery in distant moon Pandora, the film becomes the highest worldwide grosser of all time with $2.7 billion, breaking the record set by another Cameron's movie, "Titanic". Since then, talks about the sequel have swirled around with plans to make it within four years after the first movie.
More Avatar News
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor