Artist of the Week: Jerrod Niemann
Jerrod Niemann's journey in music industry is not an easy one. He has experienced up and down, losing record deals he once thought would be his big break. After a long, rough patch, he finally made it well with "Lover, Lover". He became the first new male artist to crack the Top 30 of Billboard Country Singles chart in less than 6 weeks since 2006.
This Kansas native may be a newbie in country music chart but he actually has made a name for himself as a respected songwriter since 5 years ago for co-penning Garth Brooks' #1 hit "Good Ride Cowboy". Other artists he has written songs for include Jamey Johnson and Julie Roberts.
Jerrod's creative style is very much his own. He blends traditional roots with a contemporary edge, adding some unconventional elements for an album that he describes as "deliciously diverse." The effort is titled "Judge Jerrod & the Hung Jury" and injected with 8 skits, giving a sense of humor which is rarely seen on an album.
That makes this July 13 release different from other albums and interesting for Sony's Arista Records. "It's so fantastic," the label executive Joe Galante sang his praise to the Canadian Press. "It's not a manufactured cookie-cutter McDonald's kind of a project - you know, 'Go write with this guy, cut this song.' He did it on his own at his own pace."
Jerrod himself recalled recording process of the album as a fun experience. "I spent a year in the studio and I was having so much fun that I lost the weight," he said. "I didn't do anything crazy, just by being happy, you know. It's just amazing once you're reminded how passionate you are for something, especially music, it can be a life-changing experience. In this case, all my friends coming together and supporting my lunatic ideas in the studio in turn somehow amazingly enough turned my life around."
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift