Lady GaGa Wants Little Monsters to 'Pray' for Her Concert Protesters
Lady GaGa is upset when she found out that her Little Monsters were met by protesters from Westboro Baptist Church during her Monster Ball concert in St. Louis on Saturday night, July 17. She quickly wrote on Twitter to reach out to her devotees.
"At the risk of drawing attention to a hateful organization," she tweeted that day, "I would like to make my little monster fan aware of a protest being held outside the Monsterball in St.Louis tonight. Although we have had protesters before, as well as fundamentalists at the show."
People from the extremist group lined up outside the concert venue, holding signs which read "God hates Lady Gaga." They also accused the singer of teaching "rebellion against God," writing "There appears to be little to no hope for her, but who is to say what is doing with the souls of those who may be swarming to listen to your less-than-beautiful singing program?"
GaGa fought back, calling them "hate criminals." She added, "[They] preach using lude and violent language and imagery that I wish I protect you all from. Their message is of hatred and divisiveness, but inside at the Monsterball we preach love and unity."
She firmly said that the protesters are a group of "violent and dangerous" people and urged her devotees not to be provoked. She wrote, "Don't waste your words, or feelings, no matter what you hear or see. you are more fortunate and blessed than they are, and in your heart just pray for them."
The concert went ahead as planned despite the protesters presence outside the building. Concerning this matter, she declared her victory, "Love and hate met in St. Louis. And love outnumbered the hate, in poetic thousands. Hate left. But love stayed. + Together, we sang."
More Lady GaGa News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars