'X-Men: First Class': Bryan Singer Addresses Taylor Lautner Rumor
While it might sound like a pathetic effort to boast "X-Men: First Class" by involving "Twilight" cast, Bryan Singer has revealed that he did want to bring Taylor Lautner to the mutant universe. On Sunday, July 18, the filmmaker addressed rumor which mentioned that 20th Century Fox checked the actor's availability to take a role in the upcoming movie.
"I wanted Taylor Lautner to do it, I really did," Bryan said in an interview with Blastr in a church in Hollywood. "He's doing a movie in Pittsburgh called 'Abduction' and then he's got the next 'Twilight' movie. We talked about it a lot, he is a friend, and I really wanted to make it work." At the end, however, Taylor will not join "First Class" as the producer added, "It just doesn't look like it's possible to do it."
During the exclusive interview, Bryan mentioned several names which have been hired to star in the next "X-Men" movie. "James McAvoy is definitely cast as a young Charles Xavier, Mike Fassbender is in the movie [as Magneto], Nick Hoult [as Beast], those are for sure," he stated.
Bryan also confirmed report that Kevin Bacon has been added to the cast line-up as he said, "Kevin Bacon I do believe is going to happen," even before the deal is inked for sure. Bacon is said to play a villainous character and Forces of Geek claims his role is Sebastian Shaw, a mutant who possesses the ability to absorb kinetic energy and transform it into raw strength. He is also described as the leader of the New York branch of the Hellfire Club, an exclusive secret society bent on world domination, although to the public, he is a legitimate businessman and ordinary human.
"X-Men: First Class" will chart the epic beginning of the "X-Men" saga and follow Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr before they took the names Professor X and Magneto. Before they are archenemies, they were still close friends who worked together with other Mutants to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known.
Matthew Vaughn has signed on to direct the action sci-fi, while Bryan Singer teams up with Lauren Shuler Donner and Simon Kinberg to produce it. June 3, 2011 has been set as the day when this movie will hit U.S. theaters.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!