'Jersey Shore': Cast Want More Money, One of Them Is in Secret Deal
Fame has driven the cast of "Jersey Shore" to ask for more money. Snooki, The Situation, J-Woww and the rest of the gang are reportedly going on a strike soon to demand pay rise from MTV. Sources said the cast feel they make more money by making live appearances than filming the show.
J-Woww, Ronnie, Sammi, Pauly D and Vinny allegedly wanted a new contract before they start filming for season 3 which supposedly went on production on Sunday, July 18. The Situation and Snooki meanwhile, are scheduled to film on Monday, but they too reportedly want to revise the contract first.
On the other side, Radar Online reported that MTV is taking a "take it or leave it" approach. It is explained that the cast were offered to negotiate individual deals with the network up until Friday, July 16 but none of them did. "So when the 16th passed and there were no new deals, MTV took the position that all the cast's original contracts were still in force at their $10,000 an episode fee," a source said.
In other words, the gang are obliged to begin filming on Monday, "or else", the case will go to court. Coming as the cast's defense is the fact that MTV split the second season into two parts without their clear knowledge. "MTV is taking the position that they are still in season 2, even though the cast may look at it as season 3 and therefore not covered by their existing deals," the source explained.
MTV or the cast have not released any statement.
Meanwhile, TMZ reported that there is a secret deal between The Situation and MTV which could make the reality show star $180,000 richer. The network wanted The Situation to sign on for the fourth season which will pay him around $27,500 to $45,000 per episode. He was due to give an answer last Thursday but the network is giving him few more days.
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake