Zsa Zsa Gabor Undergoing Hip Replacement Surgery After Bone-Breaking Fall
Zsa Zsa Gabor will have a hip replacement surgery on Monday, July 19, her publicist John Blanchette said on Sunday. The 93-year-old actress has to undergo the operation after breaking her hip when she fell out of bed, CNN reported.
Gabor will need the surgery on her right hip, Blanchette said. The publicist moreover revealed that the hip replacement surgery is scheduled for 6 A.M. and should last about four hours. Meanwhile, a press conference is set to be held at Gabor's Los Angeles, California, home on Monday afternoon.
The unfortunate incident happened when Gabor was watching TV in her home. The "Frankenstein's Great Aunt Tillie" actress, who is partially paralyzed from a 2002 car accident, fell to the floor while reaching to answer a phone.
An ambulance later rushed Gabor to the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles, California, after her husband, Prince Frederic von Anhalt, called 911. Von Anhalt told the site, "She has a broken hip and they have to operate on her. It's a complicated thing. It was an accident. And she is not that young any more."
Although the hospital's spokeswoman Roxanne Yamaguchi Moster refused to give any detail about Gabor's condition, she said in a statement, "Her family is by her side. No other information is available from the hospital per the family's request."
Blanchette, in the meantime, was willing to share Gabor's condition post his recent visits, saying as quoted by Pop Eater, "She's fragile, but she's still very bright - she still makes me laugh. Her faculties are intact, but her body's failing her." Von Anhalt is also convinced that his wife will get better soon, telling TMZ, "My wife is a fighter. She will be okay."
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked