'Doctor Who' Actor Reportedly Cast for 'The Hobbit'
"The Hobbit" casting process possibly has found an actor to join the cast ensemble. According to swirling report, Sylvester McCoy has been recruited to take one of the major roles in the film. Screenrush which first spread the news claims the news "did not come from the man himself" but a close source has confirmed that he indeed will play "the second biggest lead".
More detailed info about McCoy's character has not been available yet. But since it is said that he will take the second biggest lead role, it is likely that he will not be seen portraying the central character of Bilbo Baggins. McCoy's agent would neither confirm nor deny the story, choosing instead to elicit an enigmatic "no comment".
Sylvester McCoy is best known for playing the seventh incarnation of the Doctor on U.K. TV series "Doctor Who". Screenrush additionally says that the 66-year-old Scottish was Peter Jackson's second choice to play Bilbo Baggins in "Lord of the Rings" trilogy before the role was given to Ian Holm.
Ian McKellen and Andy Serkis have been previously confirmed to reprise their "Lord of the Rings" roles as Gandalf and Gollum respectively. However, the 71-year-old actor recently said that he will not wait forever if the project does not get start date or new helmer soon. As it has been known, Guillermo del Toro has pulled out of the project due to the ongoing delays. Jackson has been rumored to replace del Toro, but it has not been confirmed yet.
"The Hobbit", which will re-create the scenes of the novel, with additional events that make an impact to "The Lords of the Rings", such as the expulsion of Sauron from Mirkwood by The White Council, will be split into two parts. The first film is expected to arrive in December 2012, while "The Hobbit 2" will come out a year later.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie