'X-Men: First Class': The Villain and Mystique Are Cast
Two more actors have joined "X-Men: First Class". After casting James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender to take the key roles, 20th Century Fox has tapped Kevin Bacon and Jennifer Lawrence to portray other characters.
Bacon, who was previously rumored to be offered a villainous role, has agreed to take the part. However, his character's name remains unknown but sources tell Entertainment Weekly that the "Frost/Nixon" star will play a villain, sparring against protagonists Charles Xavier and Magneto.
As for Lawrence, the "Winter's Bone" actress will be seen playing Mystique aka Raven Darkholme, a shapeshifter who can mimic other people though she cannot replicate superpowers, The Hollywood Reporter says. The character has appeared in "X-Men" trilogy and was portrayed by Rebecca Romijn.
"X-Men: First Class" will chart the epic beginning of the "X-Men" saga and follow Charles Xavier aka Professor X and Erik Lensherr aka Magneto when they were still close friends who worked together with other Mutants to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. James McAvoy will be Professor X while Michael Fassbender will star as Magneto.
Matthew Vaughn is on board to serve behind the lens for the action sci-fi, which is expected to kick off principal photography in late summer. Bryan Singer joins Lauren Shuler Donner and Simon Kinberg to produce the upcoming film, which is slated to arrive in the U.S. on June 3, 2011.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences