'X-Men: First Class': The Villain and Mystique Are Cast
Two more actors have joined "X-Men: First Class". After casting James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender to take the key roles, 20th Century Fox has tapped Kevin Bacon and Jennifer Lawrence to portray other characters.
Bacon, who was previously rumored to be offered a villainous role, has agreed to take the part. However, his character's name remains unknown but sources tell Entertainment Weekly that the "Frost/Nixon" star will play a villain, sparring against protagonists Charles Xavier and Magneto.
As for Lawrence, the "Winter's Bone" actress will be seen playing Mystique aka Raven Darkholme, a shapeshifter who can mimic other people though she cannot replicate superpowers, The Hollywood Reporter says. The character has appeared in "X-Men" trilogy and was portrayed by Rebecca Romijn.
"X-Men: First Class" will chart the epic beginning of the "X-Men" saga and follow Charles Xavier aka Professor X and Erik Lensherr aka Magneto when they were still close friends who worked together with other Mutants to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. James McAvoy will be Professor X while Michael Fassbender will star as Magneto.
Matthew Vaughn is on board to serve behind the lens for the action sci-fi, which is expected to kick off principal photography in late summer. Bryan Singer joins Lauren Shuler Donner and Simon Kinberg to produce the upcoming film, which is slated to arrive in the U.S. on June 3, 2011.
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala