Pamela Anderson's PETA Vegetarian Ad Banned in Montreal
Pamela Anderson has just unveiled her latest campaign for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), a vegetarian ad, on Thursday, July 15. The "Baywatch" star initially planned to launch the ad in Montreal, Canada's Place Jacques-Cartier but was later forced to show it off at the privately-owned Restaurant Globe in the city.
Pamela's initial plan was scrapped after Montreal censor officials denied a permit to allow the promotion. Pamela, who flew to Montreal on Wednesday and learned about the ban on the launch date, has since released a statement about her disappointment.
"In a city that is known for its exotic dancing and for being progressive and edgy, how sad that a woman would be banned from using her own body in a political protest over the suffering of cows and chickens," the statement read. "In some parts of the world, women are forced to cover their whole bodies with burqas - is that next? I didn't think that Canada would be so puritanical."
On why Montreal officials banned Pamela from unveiling the new PETA ad, City Commissioner Josee Rocheford explained through an email to PETA, stating "I have to inform you that we, as public officials representing a municipal government, cannot endorse this image of Ms Anderson."
"It is not so much controversial as it goes against all principles public organizations are fighting for in the everlasting battle of equality between men and women," the email further read. "We therefore will not give you a permit to hold your event on Place Jacques-Cartier." PETA's Senior Vice President Dan Mathews, who has been in the city along with Pamela, snipped, "I think that city officials are confusing 'sexy' with 'sexist'."
In her newest vegetarian campaign, Pamela Anderson is seen posing in a skimpy purple bikini and sporting words of butchers' cuts of meat printed all over her flesh, like "rump", "ribs" and "breast". The ad attempts to promote vegetarianism, with logo reads, "All Animals Have the Same Parts."
More Pamela Anderson News
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake
- This Picture of Princess Charlotte Snuggling a Bunny at Playdate in Canada Is Just Too Cute
- Here's What Tim Burton Says About Lack of Diversity in 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's What Happens to Kylie Jenner's Number That Rob Kardashian Leaked on Twitter
- First Look at Justice Society of America in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Season 2 Photos
- Tom Cruise Beats the Bad Guys to Death in 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' IMAX Trailer
- The Weeknd Releases New Single 'False Alarm'
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer