Landon Donovan Doesn't Have Love Child, Calling It 'Good News'
U.S. soccer stud Landon Donovan is not fathering a love child. At 2010 ESPY Awards at Nokia Theater in Los Angeles, on Wednesday, July 14, Landon confirmed to E! Online, "I actually wasn't sure I was going to be asked but I know now that I will not be a dad any time soon, which is good news for me. You just broke the story."
Landon was ablaze with the love child report while he was in South Africa for 2010 World Cup. He initially didn't deny allegation that an unnamed British woman was carrying his baby, telling Sports Illustrated, "I was informed of the possibility during the World Cup, and if I need to take responsibility, then I will provide the appropriate support. This is a private matter and I will refrain from further comment at this time."
Landon has separated for nearly a year from his wife, "Rules of Engagement" actress Bianca Kajlich, but the estranged couple has not yet legally divorced. Landon and Bianca, who got married on December 31, 2006, do not have a child.
Back in late June, Landon sparked speculation that he might reconcile with Bianca after he blew her an on-camera kiss just moments after scoring U.S. winner against Algeria. The speculation was fueled as Landon, who scored three goals for the U.S. in the World Cup, revealed that he also called Bianca after the shout-out.
"We are not officially divorced. We spoke last night; it was nice," Landon told Yahoo! Sports, with a source close to Bianca adding to People, "It would surprise no one if Landon and Bianca were back together very soon. They have remained in contact and are very close to one another."
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'