Mark Ruffalo Still in Early Discussion to Play The Hulk
Mark Ruffalo could be seen joining "The Avengers" as a green giant. He has been widely reported to be a candidate to portray The Hulk in the upcoming Marvel movie, but he is not that close to snatch the role.
Debunking Deadline Hollywood's scoop that the talk between Ruffalo and Marvel has been in the late stage, insiders from the studio tell The Hollywood Reporter that the discussion is still in the early stage. However, the insiders do confirm that the actor has an offer to play the monstrous hero.
The "Just Like Heaven" star reportedly has not decided to take the job or not and he has not met director Joss Whedon either. Words are, there are plans for the two to meet at the end of this week or this weekend. Meanwhile, the 42-year-old has already had several offers from other projects following his performance in "The Kids Are All Right".
Prior to Ruffalo, Joaquin Phoenix was allegedly offered The Hulk role in "The Avengers" after it was announced that Edward Norton will not reprise his "The Incredible Hulk" role as Bruce Banner. However, it had also been noted that the 35-year-old Puerto Rican would possibly turn down the job.
Best known for his roles in romantic movies such as "13 Going On 30" and "Rumor Has It", Mark Ruffalo recently appeared in "Shutter Island" in which he co-starred Leonardo DiCaprio. He additionally landed a role in drama comedy "Date Night".
"The Avengers" will bring together the superhero team of Marvel Comics characters. Robert Downey Jr. who stars in "Iron Man" and "Iron Man 2", Chris Evans who will play the titular character in "Captain America: The First Avenger" and Chris Hemsworth who takes the lead role in "Thor" are among those who have been confirmed to reprise their respective roles in the forthcoming film.
This action superhero flick still has no start date but Paramount Pictures has eyed May 4, 2012 for the U.S. release date of the movie.
More The Avengers News
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers