Alicia Keys, Jay-Z and Sade Up for Black Ball Charity Gig
Three big musical acts, Alicia Keys, Jay-Z and Sade, are booked for a good cause. They are tapped to perform at the annual Black Ball charity concert at New York's Hammerstein Ball on September 30. This gig is organized by Alicia's Keep a Child Alive organization.
"Sade? Jay-Z? Both icons and both major influences of mine. I am overwhelmed by their generosity in helping us continue the tradition of making the Black Ball the best fundraiser in NYC," she said in a statement. "There are more surprises coming up! Stay tuned!"
Last year, Black Ball was also held in the Big Apple. It raised more than $2 million with the likes of John Mayer and Coldplay's Chris Martin performing and Halle Berry, Mary J. Blige, Swizz Beatz, Nick Cannon, David Bowie, Spike Lee and Usher taking part as well.
Black Ball did not only take place in the United States but also went across the pond. Back in May this year, the fundraising event was hosted in London with Kasabian and Bryan Ferry on the performers line-up. Aimed to help children and families affected by HIV/AIDS in Africa and India since 2004, the gig has generated more than $10 million and assisted more than 250,000 people with orphan care and clinical centers.
More Alicia Keys News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart