Alicia Keys, Jay-Z and Sade Up for Black Ball Charity Gig
Three big musical acts, Alicia Keys, Jay-Z and Sade, are booked for a good cause. They are tapped to perform at the annual Black Ball charity concert at New York's Hammerstein Ball on September 30. This gig is organized by Alicia's Keep a Child Alive organization.
"Sade? Jay-Z? Both icons and both major influences of mine. I am overwhelmed by their generosity in helping us continue the tradition of making the Black Ball the best fundraiser in NYC," she said in a statement. "There are more surprises coming up! Stay tuned!"
Last year, Black Ball was also held in the Big Apple. It raised more than $2 million with the likes of John Mayer and Coldplay's Chris Martin performing and Halle Berry, Mary J. Blige, Swizz Beatz, Nick Cannon, David Bowie, Spike Lee and Usher taking part as well.
Black Ball did not only take place in the United States but also went across the pond. Back in May this year, the fundraising event was hosted in London with Kasabian and Bryan Ferry on the performers line-up. Aimed to help children and families affected by HIV/AIDS in Africa and India since 2004, the gig has generated more than $10 million and assisted more than 250,000 people with orphan care and clinical centers.
- Khloe Kardashian Accused of Photoshopping Her Workout Pic. See It Yourself!
- Miley Cyrus Goes Shopping in Malibu in Tiny Bikini
- Lea Michele and Ashley Tisdale Team Up for Breathtaking Cover of 'Dancing on My Own'
- Pauly D Splits From Aubrey O'Day After a Year and a Half of Dating
- J.R.R. Tolkien Biopic Eyeing 'X-Men' Star Nicholas Hoult for Lead Role
- Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn Hide Behind Umbrella While Heading to the Gym
- 'America's Got Talent': Tennessee Singer Gets DJ Khaled's Golden Buzzer for His Original Song
- Ciara Gets Slammed After Taking Her Baby on 'Dangerous' Waterslide in China