Alicia Keys, Jay-Z and Sade Up for Black Ball Charity Gig
Three big musical acts, Alicia Keys, Jay-Z and Sade, are booked for a good cause. They are tapped to perform at the annual Black Ball charity concert at New York's Hammerstein Ball on September 30. This gig is organized by Alicia's Keep a Child Alive organization.
"Sade? Jay-Z? Both icons and both major influences of mine. I am overwhelmed by their generosity in helping us continue the tradition of making the Black Ball the best fundraiser in NYC," she said in a statement. "There are more surprises coming up! Stay tuned!"
Last year, Black Ball was also held in the Big Apple. It raised more than $2 million with the likes of John Mayer and Coldplay's Chris Martin performing and Halle Berry, Mary J. Blige, Swizz Beatz, Nick Cannon, David Bowie, Spike Lee and Usher taking part as well.
Black Ball did not only take place in the United States but also went across the pond. Back in May this year, the fundraising event was hosted in London with Kasabian and Bryan Ferry on the performers line-up. Aimed to help children and families affected by HIV/AIDS in Africa and India since 2004, the gig has generated more than $10 million and assisted more than 250,000 people with orphan care and clinical centers.
More Alicia Keys News
- Khloe Kardashian Divorces Lamar Odom to Find New Husband and Have Kids
- Amy Schumer Mocks Selena Gomez and 'Relatable' Stars in Hilarious Skit. Watch Selena's Response
- 'Fast 8' Cast Goofing Around During First Day on Set
- Taylor Lautner Laughs So Hard at His Naked 'Twilight' Fan Art
- Nick Jonas Reveals He Doesn't Talk to Exes Olivia Culpo and Miley Cyrus Anymore
- Trailer of James Franco's Twisted 'Mother, May I Sleep with Danger?' Remake Is Here!
- 'Glee' Alum Mark Salling Indicted on Child Pornography Charges
- Check Out New 'Star Trek Beyond' Photos