New 'Thor' Official Photo Shows Odin and Loki, Film Confirmed to Be 3-D
A second official photo from "Thor" has been released, bringing more characters from the movie. Putting Anthony Hopkins' Odin at the front row, the picture also gives the first look at Tom Hiddleston as Loki. Meanwhile, Chris Hemsworth's Thor who has been unveiled before is captured holding his iconic hammer Mjolnir in this new still.
Along with the photo which was first debuted by Los Angeles Times, Marvel Studios has also confirmed that "Thor" will be made into 3-D. "We came to feel that in our case 3-D could be the very good friend of story and character for a different kind of experience," director Kenneth Branagh said.
"Thor" will be the first Marvel film that get 3-D treatment, but the studio has also planned to release "Captain America: The First Avenger" in 3-D theaters. "It's a new challenge and it's exciting," helmer Joe Johnston said, believing that if the conversion approach is done right, it is better than shooting the film with 3-D cameras. As it has been known, both "Thor" and "Captain America" use 2-D cameras for principal photography.
"Thor" revolves around Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior who is cast down to Earth due to his reckless actions. He later learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of Asgard tries to invade Earth. The film will be presented at San Diego Comic Con on Saturday, July 24 and is set for May 6, 2011 release in the U.S.
More Thor News
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'