Oprah Winfrey Won't Take Part in Biography Adaptation for TV
There have been words circulating that an unauthorized biography of Oprah Winfrey will make it as a TV project. The report has now been confirmed as producer Larry A. Thomson went to the press to announce that he has acquired the right to the book titled "Oprah: A Biography" by Kitty Kelley.
"I happen to be from Mississippi where she is from, and I know her career very well," Thompson said. "I think it's a fabulous story, and it's certainly a challenge, but Kitty Kelley's extensively researched book offers us the factual foundation to frame our cinematic portrait of this powerful and beloved icon."
Although he's still juggling between turning it into a miniseries and a TV movie, Thompson has had some ideas laid out. "Oprah Winfrey is one of the most famous faces on the planet, and if you have an actress people know, it may make it more difficult to get into the character as the face may block the icon," he said, adding that Oprah will not participate.
Thompson whose producing credit includes the biopic of Sonny & Cher, plans to release the project in September 2011 which will coincide with Oprah's departure from her long-time talk show "The Oprah Winfrey Show". No scriptwriter has been attached yet and no network has officially picked it up. But Thompson is quite confident with the outcome, saying "Oprah Winfrey is a very powerful woman, and that's also something that will make our movie great."
Oprah Winfrey, has in the past dismissed the book, refusing to have an interview about it. The so-called biography detailed Oprah's love life as well as the identity of her father according to the research done by Kelley.
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman