'CSI: NY': Detective Stella Out, New Lady In
"CSI: NY" is going to lose its Stella Bonasera and gain a new leading lady. Melina Kanakaredes who portrays the female detective is not going to renew her contract for another season. No specific cause has been mentioned in her personal statement, but rumor has it she refused to accept a new deal offered by CBS.
"I made some amazing and lifelong friendships during my six seasons on 'CSI: NY', and I will treasure them forever," the actress who played Athena in "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief" said. Sela Ward aka Stacy Warner on "House M.D." is touted to replace her although no deal has been reached.
Of the high-profile departure, CBS said, "We hoped Melina would return to 'CSI: NY' for another season, but we respect her decision to move on. Her amazing talent and invaluable contribution to the success of the series are greatly appreciated and will not be forgotten. She will forever remain a friend to the network and studio and we wish her the very best."
The last episode featuring Stella has been aired according to EW, meaning there will be no more of her when the show returns this Fall.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'