'CSI: NY': Detective Stella Out, New Lady In
"CSI: NY" is going to lose its Stella Bonasera and gain a new leading lady. Melina Kanakaredes who portrays the female detective is not going to renew her contract for another season. No specific cause has been mentioned in her personal statement, but rumor has it she refused to accept a new deal offered by CBS.
"I made some amazing and lifelong friendships during my six seasons on 'CSI: NY', and I will treasure them forever," the actress who played Athena in "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief" said. Sela Ward aka Stacy Warner on "House M.D." is touted to replace her although no deal has been reached.
Of the high-profile departure, CBS said, "We hoped Melina would return to 'CSI: NY' for another season, but we respect her decision to move on. Her amazing talent and invaluable contribution to the success of the series are greatly appreciated and will not be forgotten. She will forever remain a friend to the network and studio and we wish her the very best."
The last episode featuring Stella has been aired according to EW, meaning there will be no more of her when the show returns this Fall.
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years
- Rihanna Asks for Help to Find Her Missing Backup Dancer Shirlene Quigley
- Report: Britney Spears Is Filming 'Slumber Party' Music Video
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack