'CSI: NY': Detective Stella Out, New Lady In
"CSI: NY" is going to lose its Stella Bonasera and gain a new leading lady. Melina Kanakaredes who portrays the female detective is not going to renew her contract for another season. No specific cause has been mentioned in her personal statement, but rumor has it she refused to accept a new deal offered by CBS.
"I made some amazing and lifelong friendships during my six seasons on 'CSI: NY', and I will treasure them forever," the actress who played Athena in "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief" said. Sela Ward aka Stacy Warner on "House M.D." is touted to replace her although no deal has been reached.
Of the high-profile departure, CBS said, "We hoped Melina would return to 'CSI: NY' for another season, but we respect her decision to move on. Her amazing talent and invaluable contribution to the success of the series are greatly appreciated and will not be forgotten. She will forever remain a friend to the network and studio and we wish her the very best."
The last episode featuring Stella has been aired according to EW, meaning there will be no more of her when the show returns this Fall.
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo