'CSI: NY': Detective Stella Out, New Lady In
"CSI: NY" is going to lose its Stella Bonasera and gain a new leading lady. Melina Kanakaredes who portrays the female detective is not going to renew her contract for another season. No specific cause has been mentioned in her personal statement, but rumor has it she refused to accept a new deal offered by CBS.
"I made some amazing and lifelong friendships during my six seasons on 'CSI: NY', and I will treasure them forever," the actress who played Athena in "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief" said. Sela Ward aka Stacy Warner on "House M.D." is touted to replace her although no deal has been reached.
Of the high-profile departure, CBS said, "We hoped Melina would return to 'CSI: NY' for another season, but we respect her decision to move on. Her amazing talent and invaluable contribution to the success of the series are greatly appreciated and will not be forgotten. She will forever remain a friend to the network and studio and we wish her the very best."
The last episode featuring Stella has been aired according to EW, meaning there will be no more of her when the show returns this Fall.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake