'CSI: NY': Detective Stella Out, New Lady In
"CSI: NY" is going to lose its Stella Bonasera and gain a new leading lady. Melina Kanakaredes who portrays the female detective is not going to renew her contract for another season. No specific cause has been mentioned in her personal statement, but rumor has it she refused to accept a new deal offered by CBS.
"I made some amazing and lifelong friendships during my six seasons on 'CSI: NY', and I will treasure them forever," the actress who played Athena in "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief" said. Sela Ward aka Stacy Warner on "House M.D." is touted to replace her although no deal has been reached.
Of the high-profile departure, CBS said, "We hoped Melina would return to 'CSI: NY' for another season, but we respect her decision to move on. Her amazing talent and invaluable contribution to the success of the series are greatly appreciated and will not be forgotten. She will forever remain a friend to the network and studio and we wish her the very best."
The last episode featuring Stella has been aired according to EW, meaning there will be no more of her when the show returns this Fall.
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello Reignite Romance Rumors With Dreamy Cover of Ed Sheeran's 'Kiss'
- Pregnant Beyonce Is 'in Hiding': She's Ballooned So Much She Doesn't Want Her Fans to See!
- See Creepy Pennywise and The Losers Club in New 'It' Photos
- 'True Detective' Will Return for Season 3 With David Milch
- Abby Lee Miller Exits 'Dance Moms': 'I Have Been Manipulated, Disrespected and Used'