Carlos Santana Proposes to Drummer Girlfriend Onstage
Carlos Santana has stunned not only his fans but also his drummer girlfriend, Cindy Blackman, during his concert in Tinley Park, Illinois, on Friday, July 9. The 62-year-old legendary guitarist proposed to Blackman onstage.
According to Santana's representatives, he asked Blackman's hand in marriage four songs into the gig after Blackman's drum solo on his track "Corazon Espinado". The 50-year-old drummer said yes and the newly-engaged couple sealed it with a kiss which was welcomed with cheers from the crowd.
"Cindy and I are blessed to have found each other. Being in love is a gift from the universe, and the spirit and vibrations that come with it are infinitely powerful," Santana said through a statement to MTV News. "I look forward to expressing that incredible energy through my music, and in helping to tip the balance toward more love in the world with what Cindy and I share."
Carlos Santana was previously married to Deborah King, the daughter of the late blues singer and guitarist Saunders King, in 1973. Together, the then-couple has three children, Salvador, Stella and Angelica. They ended their marriage in 2007.
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'
- Spider-Man May Leave Marvel Cinematic Universe After 'Spiderman: Homecoming' Sequel
- Harry Styles to Make Debut as Solo Artist on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman Reunite for NBC's Competition Series 'Handmade Project'
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri