Carlos Santana Proposes to Drummer Girlfriend Onstage
Carlos Santana has stunned not only his fans but also his drummer girlfriend, Cindy Blackman, during his concert in Tinley Park, Illinois, on Friday, July 9. The 62-year-old legendary guitarist proposed to Blackman onstage.
According to Santana's representatives, he asked Blackman's hand in marriage four songs into the gig after Blackman's drum solo on his track "Corazon Espinado". The 50-year-old drummer said yes and the newly-engaged couple sealed it with a kiss which was welcomed with cheers from the crowd.
"Cindy and I are blessed to have found each other. Being in love is a gift from the universe, and the spirit and vibrations that come with it are infinitely powerful," Santana said through a statement to MTV News. "I look forward to expressing that incredible energy through my music, and in helping to tip the balance toward more love in the world with what Cindy and I share."
Carlos Santana was previously married to Deborah King, the daughter of the late blues singer and guitarist Saunders King, in 1973. Together, the then-couple has three children, Salvador, Stella and Angelica. They ended their marriage in 2007.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding