Carlos Santana Proposes to Drummer Girlfriend Onstage
Carlos Santana has stunned not only his fans but also his drummer girlfriend, Cindy Blackman, during his concert in Tinley Park, Illinois, on Friday, July 9. The 62-year-old legendary guitarist proposed to Blackman onstage.
According to Santana's representatives, he asked Blackman's hand in marriage four songs into the gig after Blackman's drum solo on his track "Corazon Espinado". The 50-year-old drummer said yes and the newly-engaged couple sealed it with a kiss which was welcomed with cheers from the crowd.
"Cindy and I are blessed to have found each other. Being in love is a gift from the universe, and the spirit and vibrations that come with it are infinitely powerful," Santana said through a statement to MTV News. "I look forward to expressing that incredible energy through my music, and in helping to tip the balance toward more love in the world with what Cindy and I share."
Carlos Santana was previously married to Deborah King, the daughter of the late blues singer and guitarist Saunders King, in 1973. Together, the then-couple has three children, Salvador, Stella and Angelica. They ended their marriage in 2007.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics